Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI GPX Coil?

Tennrebel

I have a very good sight that I have detected with several different detectors But it has a lot of EMI with power lines overhead. My GPX 4500 goes crazy with all my coils including a 15 inch Detech Ultimate Spiral. I read that Minelab has a GPX 14" Coil for GPX 6000 that is very good but I don't know if it will work on a 4500-5000. Anyone have a solution for EMI with any brand coil?

I have a very good sight that I have detected with several different detectors But it has a lot of EMI with power lines overhead. My GPX 4500 goes crazy with all my coils including a 15 inch Detech Ultimate Spiral. I read that Minelab has a GPX 14" Coil for GPX 6000 that is very good but I don't know if it will work on a 4500-5000. Anyone have a solution for EMI with any brand coil?

Hi Tennrebel, I’m a diehard gpx user, have used for many years as nothing comes close , it’s my go to machine and machine I want to use the most. The gpx’s main issue is: EMi. The 14 inch coil for the 6000 won’t work for your machine, and it’s pretty much a anti- interference coil. Coiltek makes anti interference coils for gpx and so does Detech . I have a 14 inch coiltek and a 11 inch detech . The detech AI can only be found on eBay from Thrace detectors in Bulgaria as the state’s aren’t selling it . The coiltek AI’s are discontinued but still available in limited stock. The AI coils are a different animal. They change tones , high to low , low to high backwards , still sound different even if you invert tones . Pinpoint funny, will make you relearn machine. They still will not have the same depth as stock coils. Best bet is to keep your ultimate 15 on and run in cancel , still will have better depth then most other detectors. I also run a smaller 8 dd detech coil or the Minelab commander elliptical coil, handle emi better , smaller coil platform , less emi. I still pick minnies at 10-11 inches with those coils in crap dirt . Also , run in quiet , lower gains , signal , and stabilizer , noise cancel/ tune in fast motion . Best regards, Antietnam digger

it also help to keep your wires straight, most people wrap the coil wire around the shaft, it does not matter if it is a PI, or VLF. Think of the windings in a motor, they help create a magnetic field, which makes the motor work, it is the same with your coil, if it is wrapped it will magnify the EMI.
20220607_033326.jpg

Attachments

• lower.jpg
    lower.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 178
Thanks for the Info. Got rid to the 15 inch Ultimate. Using the Minelab 5x10. It will go deep enough and is light. The 15 inch Ultimate was just too heavy for me .

Hi Tennrebel, I’m a diehard gpx user, have used for many years as nothing comes close , it’s my go to machine and machine I want to use the most. The gpx’s main issue is: EMi. The 14 inch coil for the 6000 won’t work for your machine, and it’s pretty much a anti- interference coil. Coiltek makes anti interference coils for gpx and so does Detech . I have a 14 inch coiltek and a 11 inch detech . The detech AI can only be found on eBay from Thrace detectors in Bulgaria as the state’s aren’t selling it . The coiltek AI’s are discontinued but still available in limited stock. The AI coils are a different animal. They change tones , high to low , low to high backwards , still sound different even if you invert tones . Pinpoint funny, will make you relearn machine. They still will not have the same depth as stock coils. Best bet is to keep your ultimate 15 on and run in cancel , still will have better depth then most other detectors. I also run a smaller 8 dd detech coil or the Minelab commander elliptical coil, handle emi better , smaller coil platform , less emi. I still pick minnies at 10-11 inches with those coils in crap dirt . Also , run in quiet , lower gains , signal , and stabilizer , noise cancel/ tune in fast motion . Best regards, Antietnam digger
I have a Coiltech 14" A I coil. I cant find anything with it. Ive tried several times and have given up. I found this tread looking for opinions on the detech A I coils to see if they are different than the coiltech.