Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

end of january ???

C

calabash digger

Just saw a couple post saying end of Jan for release .. one guy said he saw it on face book page....??????? other is on the minelab release date thread.... Is it true?

calabash digger said:
Just saw a couple post saying end of Jan for release .. one guy said he saw it on face book page....??????? other is on the minelab release date thread.... Is it true?

Nothing officially from Minelab yet, I did see a tester post on another forum that the announcement from Minelab will be very soon. Who knows????

After the first week of January, it's a day by day
Wait for my dealer to say he's got one for me.
He told me I was close to the top of his preorder
list. Too bad it doesn't look like they are going to post
the manual on their websites download page.
Very pleased by their announcement. Have a
great Christmas and safe and happy new year
With visions of equinox dancing in your heads!

Gee, guess there were a lot of software issues.

It’s normal to have issues at the last phase of testing of prototypes. What’s not so normal is all the hoopla so far in advance.

We’re they taken by surprise by late discovered glitches ?

Or were they just desperate to prevent us Christmas shopping for the competitions machines by false promises of an Equinox in your stocking?

Frankly, either way, it does them no credit.

With dealers getting them mid to late January. Yeah baby!

Your guesses are probably wrong. Its called fine tuning. The EQX will probably eat your favorite brand for lunch, Mr. First Texas.

Rick Kempf, your comment is absolutely unsubstantiated drivel. Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". They announced a product and said "more to follow". The people on these forums generated the hype and the controversy. And people like you fueled the arguing with your constant negative nonsense. There is no evidence to suggest the release date was pushed back, let alone evidence to suggest it was pushed back due to "software" issues. You are FAKE NEWS.

lytle78 said:
Gee, guess there were a lot of software issues.

It’s normal to have issues at the last phase of testing of prototypes. What’s not so normal is all the hoopla so far in advance.

We’re they taken by surprise by late discovered glitches ?

Or were they just desperate to prevent us Christmas shopping for the competitions machines by false promises of an Equinox in your stocking?

Frankly, either way, it does them no credit.

Like I was saying all along Rick. This is my post to a "T". We finally agree on something LOL

Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". I vehemently disagree here. Nothing says "hoopla" like having someone jump out of an airplane to announce your new detector at the largest detecting festival in Europe. The backlash is warranted. If detector companies want to debut a new detector then they need to give the buying public a date they will be available to the buying public. They knew the Nox wouldn't be ready for release in 2017. And if you think business isn't a dirty game , think again.

kajunman said:
Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". I vehemently disagree here. Nothing says "hoopla" like having someone jump out of an airplane to announce your new detector at the largest detecting festival in Europe. The backlash is warranted. If detector companies want to debut a new detector then they need to give the buying public a date they will be available to the buying public. They knew the Nox wouldn't be ready for release in 2017. And if you think business isn't a dirty game , think again.

+1

Cheers

I was reading they are projected to be released later on in January from Minelab and as we know they probably have to go though customs too so that will take a while. From here they will be shipped to the dist then to the dealers, so I feel it will be into February before customers will get them in their hands. My prediction was the first of March, so I was close and maybe happen yet. I feel the first dealers will be Kellyco as it usually is from experience about a week before other dealers get theirs. Let see how close I am and hope I am wrong and they get here sooner.
I feel the hold up was that Minelab wanted to make quite a few of them before release so all dealer can get a few of them before they are gone as I dont think any dealer will get all they have on order.
I also feel that those that waited to preorder until they were released may have to wait a while for Minelab to catch up on orders. I hope the 6 inch coil will be released before too long also for those that need them.

Merry Christmas to all.

Rick

They announced a product and people went nuts. I don't know about you, but I didn't get all worked up because a guy jumped out of a plane. I'm an adult, so I saw it for what it was - a novel and fun way to debut their new product. All the hype you've seen since then has been from consumers, NOT Minelab. They provided a few updates, a few videos, a couple articles, and then they announced the date it would be available. I don't see what the big deal is. What I've seen from the consumers, however, is wholly disappointing; hysteria, venom, conspiracy theories, hyperbole, unwarranted anger and frustration, troll posting, flaming - in sum, absolutely childish behavior. I've always thought there were some weird people in this hobby, but lately it seems the weirdos outnumber the normal folks.

Rick..... i was kind of hoping to hear more from the guy who took off to Hawaii to use his in the salt water. At this point with a for sure.... well sort of..... or maybe release date, maybe we will get a water hunting video from someone in the salt water. Thou..... based on the info .... and what happened with the CTX i cant see it NOT doing a good job. Im on the list...... but wont be disappointed if i dont get the first batch.

Dew

Tyber0z said:
They announced a product and people went nuts. I don't know about you, but I didn't get all worked up because a guy jumped out of a plane. I'm an adult, so I saw it for what it was - a novel and fun way to debut their new product. All the hype you've seen since then has been from consumers, NOT Minelab. They provided a few updates, a few videos, a couple articles, and then they announced the date it would be available. I don't see what the big deal is. What I've seen from the consumers, however, is wholly disappointing; hysteria, venom, conspiracy theories, hyperbole, unwarranted anger and frustration, troll posting, flaming - in sum, absolutely childish behavior. I've always thought there were some weird people in this hobby, but lately it seems the weirdos outnumber the normal folks.

You clearly don't understand big business.

Seems to me those getting worked up over this new detector should take therapy, never read so much tosh in all my years...

Nice to have a date. Looks like ML is piling them up before release. Good idea.

Another fun airplane intro here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-teXC1mFKaQ
If you happen to have one SAVE it. Only one run of 1,000 & a clean one brings $200 even broken.

BTW , ML are you listening ??? Please release the manual so we can study it & discuss it.

Tom
LFOD !

filternozzle said:
Seems to me those getting worked up over this new detector should take therapy, never read so much tosh in all my years...

Ruddy hell!