Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

End of XP Deus?!

The best phones still have relatively poor screen visibility in bright sunlight
Their batteries are tiny compared to detector batteries - they would go flat pretty quick if they drove the coil - therefore you’d need to take the Deus approach - detector essentially in the coil.

Screens true, but what about additional power bank in shaft or grip? But you can also use control unit only to setup.

That’s what I said, the highpower electronics and the batteries would have to be elsewhere, leaving your high priced cellphone, running some app on a relatively dim screen, exposed to rain, mud, salt spray, etc. all to avoid paying for a purpose built controller with actual buttons you can press.

Dumb idea frankly.

Maybe. Maybe not. For dirt and difficult terrain. Też. But some people's use rugged cell phones. But we have other side also. We get open software... and almost any person who is interested in software can program it.

You can write an app to display stuff, but what you display has to be the output of a complex transmitter, receiver and hardware/software entity. This is the metal detector.

The Deus control box is only an interface device. It’s not a metal detector. The detector, with all it’s hardware and programming is in the coil.

The thing you linked to would have to be the same. So the phone only replaces the Deus control pad.

Cool Idea, but no way I'm going to put my cell phone to the abuse that my Deus goes through...

Maybe this setup can work with the separate audio receiver? And will be very similar to Deus setup... but in place of Deus panel, we can choose cell phone. A few times cheaper...