Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Environmental Covers

kt

I already had a control box cover for my Etrac, but I decided that the grip could use some protection too. So I contacted BTD Covers and ordered just their grip cover and their battery compartment cover. They are based in New York state; you can Google them if interested.

My initial impression is, I like em. The covers seem sturdy and the grip cover is especially nice. Adds a bit of bulk to the grip, but not enough to be uncomfortable imo.

Two minor quibbles:
1. No instructions are included. I guess they figure if you aren't smart enough to figure out how the covers go on, you have no business using a metal detector. If this is their logic, they're pushing it with me. The grip cover was obvious, but the battery compartment cover took a minute or so of pondering, before I figured it out.

2. The battery compartment cover has a weird flap of material that sticks out past the rubber battery door and headphone jack. Either that, or I have fooled myself and I am indeed too dumb to figure out the cover installation (see no. 1). If I have it installed correctly, this flap of material hangs out in space and envelops the headphone jack. That may be intentional, I dunno, to keep crud off the headphone jack. But if intentional, they could stand to reduce the size of this flap quite a bit.

All in all I am happy with these covers. I believe they will give me some protection from mud and dust.

Thanks for the review and headsup on that company. I'm a fair weather hunter but the rain/mud/water hunters among us i'll bet would find these covers interesting.

They don't show a detailed pic of the battery cover on their website but i'd think the flap over the battery cover is intentional to cover various headset jack form factors and also the headset cable to jack connection some of which might not be water tight depending on the headset.