Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQ 900 AND EMI

nagant

So how is the 700/900 compared to the 600/800 with EMI? Any improvement? Can you turn on and detect with stock settings besides GB and sensitivity?

I cant really comment on the Nox 600/800 performance & EMI. But I own a Nox 900 & I think it's ok in EMI.

I do have 1 particular spot in town my Nox 900 does not like Multi-IQ & I can only get 15-18 on my sensitivity with the 11" coil.
Elsewhere in town I can run MULTI-IQ & sensitivity up to 22-24 with the 11" coil.

This is my 1st minelab so I dont know what to expect. If I run the coiltek 10x5 coil on the Nox 900 I think it makes it more susceptible to EMI or at least seems it. Usually I need to reduce my sensitivity 2-4 points when using it. I think the coiltek coils are a fairly hot coil thou.

Thanks for reply, have a few of those hot spots too, be nice to see some improvement. Watched a couple manticore vids where they were hunting right under high voltage lines, impressive.. I hunt by sound and forget to look at the numbers a lot but i think the coiltek ups the ID numbers 1 or 2 but the depth is very good.

Thanks for reply, have a few of those hot spots too, be nice to see some improvement. Watched a couple manticore vids where they were hunting right under high voltage lines, impressive.. I hunt by sound and forget to look at the numbers a lot but i think the coiltek ups the ID numbers 1 or 2 but the depth is very good.
I keep watching the Manticore on other sites & I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. There are some professional detectorist saying that the Manticore is still suffering a bit even with the new update.
They mention that they think the new equinox 700/900 is suffering in performance a bit as well. Most think the 900 needs a stability update as well, but some professionals think the Manticore suffered some depth lose from the update. I'm not sure what to think of my new Nox 900 detector yet.

I've been running the 900 now for almost two months and over all I just have not had emi issues and jumpy tid. Thats not to say if I get close to a school building that I don't began to pick up some chatter or come across underground power lines, but day in, day out hunting, I just don't encounter emi issues. And most of my hunting is in urban settings. I do, though, hunt early mornings until 10a -10:30 and maybe miss some of the heavier emi causes? HH jim tn

I've been running the 900 now for almost two months and over all I just have not had emi issues and jumpy tid. Thats not to say if I get close to a school building that I don't began to pick up some chatter or come across underground power lines, but day in, day out hunting, I just don't encounter emi issues. And most of my hunting is in urban settings. I do, though, hunt early mornings until 10a -10:30 and maybe miss some of the heavier emi causes? HH jim tn
Jim tn on average what sensitivity settings are you getting, on any given day of hunting in your urban settings? I'm just curious, about a setting of 24 is max around my little town. Thanks.

I seldom run max, but run a comfortable 26 most often. In heavy, heavy trash, I'll drop down to 22. I do know, though, it is pretty deep on sen 20. HH jim tn
Thanks Jim tn, yeah a sensitivity setting of 18-22 is my go to. Even at 18 the Nox 900 is deep. Thanks.