Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 1000

HighPlainsHunter

Wondering if Minelab might be working, or already testing, an EQX1000? Maybe it will have the overload feature, FE/CO numbering and several more features missing from the EQX600/EQX800. Remember when the X-Terra came out? Initially it was just the XT30 and XT50. The XT70 didn't come out until a little while later with more features, etc.

Thoughts?

[size=large]HPD, The sky's the limit with digital signal processing but I would suspect a revamp of some existing detectors. I can see a GPZ 5000, re-introduction of a single freq. like the Musketeer, a CTX 2020 (CTX 3030 without the GPS ) and finally the Sovereign Ultimate with fast target response without the nulling ... HH. Richard[/size]

FE/CO, target trace, color screen that is as easy to read as the EQ's monochrome screen, and the same lightweight waterproof package...and add ONE MORE MODE -- a "deep silver" mode that is focused heavily on replicating FBS/FBS2 capability for deep silver coin hunting?

DREAM machine, right there!!! Price it like an E-Trac, and I'd sell everything I have and swing just that one machine, happily, for a LONG LONG time!

Steve

My wish list for the 1000 so far..

Stretch the Conductive range 10 more Points as well as the tones.
Re-Calibrate the depth meter to penny or dime size targets and make it work.
Improve Modulation between the surface and 6”. Real Deep Modulation is great already..
Move the User button to the Frequency button position..
Give us a choice on pinpoint type like on CTX
Add a new even lower weighted Multi Frequency to the already existing Modes..
Add more volume and pitch control on the 50 Tones mode..

I’m very happy with depth so far.. I believe it might be deeper then my E-Trac on both High and low conductors..
Need more real world hunting to verify..

Bryan

What....what.....I cant even get a pair of water phone or cable......OR a dang detector.

Or......maybe........they could just deliver the Eq to those that ordered them.

I wouldn't count on anything for a few years. 2020 or 02021.

That is just it Goss, they don't want to make the perfect machine. If they did everyone would buy that one machine and sales would be over. They like to keep us grabbing at straws! LOL

Honeymoon is over and the wedding has not finished.

I doubt there will be an improved Equinox any time soon. It's a mid-level machine, meant to compete against modern mid-level machines like the MX Sport and Impact. More likely, for the high end, Minelab is busy working on the successor to the Etrac/CTX, which (no doubt at a hefty price) will bring better speed and separation, not to mention a readable screen, to the FE/CO world, It's all about marketing. Minelab wants competitive machines at each level, not a single machine that will replace all others.

sgoss66 said:
FE/CO, target trace, color screen that is as easy to read as the EQ's monochrome screen, and the same lightweight waterproof package...and add ONE MORE MODE -- a "deep silver" mode that is focused heavily on replicating FBS/FBS2 capability for deep silver coin hunting?

DREAM machine, right there!!! Price it like an E-Trac, and I'd sell everything I have and swing just that one machine, happily, for a LONG LONG time!

Steve

That would be a helluva detector! I think if they added a lower FBS-like driving frequency to the EQ it could compete or surpass it for silvers. The EQs lowest freq is 5Khz. put in a 2Khz and weight the multi spectrum to that and I think youd have the "deep silver" mode.

I doubt ML will make any more single freakers except for kids machines. The future is multi.

I hope they do put out a new flagship detector!I'll be all over that lol.. just my 2 cents,equinox means when the day is 12 hour of light and 12 of dark(I was born on the spring equinox) so that to me means the equinox is the 50-50 model with the 600 and 800 versions by definition of the name lol