Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox # 2 drowned..

C

calabash digger

Took the kids to the lake for a couple days. Equinox flooded in chest deep water after a few hours. This my second! Minelab is sending me another one.

Ouch! I am too old to take mine into the water! Now I am scared to take it out if it is raining a bit! I wonder what happened to it? Keep us posted!

I've drowned 2 as well. One on its first hunt and I was in HI on vacation fortunately I brought my PI as backup.
When I got my 3rd it sat in the bathtub overnight, so far no leaks after 3 water hunts.

I got 2 with water in them also, stephen informed me that it was on backorder and he also said the leak rate is low. I am now a certified diver and wonder what machine to get. Thanks for the video!

Took the kids to the lake for a couple days. Equinox flooded in chest deep water after a few hours. This my second! Minelab is sending me another one.
I’ve yet to submerge mine in fear this will happen eventually. I think I’ll stick to my Excalibur for that purpose. Other then that, the Equinox works great on the beach.

Had mine submerged in a brook a few weeks ago with fingers crossed. It wasn't submerged too deep or for any more than 5 min. No leaks , but the external speaker seemed muffled for a few minutes. 2 weekends ago hunted in the pouring rain with no issues. I will probably stick to dry land or rainy days and not submerge it. I have the AT Max that I have had submerged for hours until I was cold and shriveled with no problem. Also have tesoro sand shark for the saltwater never any issues with it , only problem is that it finds everything from tiny fish hooks and bobby pins to blow out your eardrums tin cans. Its a PI machine. Its a shame to read about drowned Equinox's . For the money they should have no water issues.

I wash mine off in the shower. I've had no problems. I'll use my Excel Blue for water hunting

up to 6 week turn around time on replacement... Mine survived the first few dunks . I am not a happy camper.

Love the recent video I agree 100% with everything you said. Thank you for sharing with everyone. I got my scuba certification this year in hopes of enjoying some water hunting. The customer service is horrible I put zagg screen protectors on all my machines that custom cost $20 each time I ask for som compensation or a discount on a accessory with no response. So sad to see their lack of concern for existing customers.

The pods are in and should be shipping out this week or early next week

Knowing this is an issue, I would think they would have these control pods in stock to instantly dispatch to their loyal customers.

up to 6 week turn around time on replacement... Mine survived the first few dunks . I am not a happy camper.