Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 2 on the horizon?

silvercoinboy

Anybody heard anything? A little over 4 years since the launch now.

On No say it isnt so ... I have not found the payoff amount with my 600 yet.
And to make it worse just bought two new detectors to beach hunt this summer.
I will be detector poor by June if this keeps up.
Hoping beach hunting has a better return than the stock market ... lol.

On No say it isnt so ... I have not found the payoff amount with my 600 yet.
And to make it worse just bought two new detectors to beach hunt this summer.
I will be detector poor by June if this keeps up.
Hoping beach hunting has a better return than the stock market ... lol.
I have the same problem at the moment. All my beaches have very deep sand so not worth detecting on. The other week I went away for a few days a hundred miles away as checking the web cam of the area showed that the beach was totally washed out but all I found was loads of lead and a few old coins but I had a great break.

Jan1 that is amazing you found lead but no gold rings.
You were defiantly in a good spot and recovering from the right level.
No way could it have been searched out.
Luck has a lot to do with finding good stuff but being at the right spot sure helps.
I would gladly dig lead over pull tabs any day.

Minelab is quite good at coming up with some technology that improves some aspect of the detector hobby. I have no doubt that we will see something new in the near future. HH jim tn

I think they are on record stating they are working on a new FBS machine. I expect it would be lighter and faster than the CTX.
Rich --

Do you have any idea how reliable your "source" is? That would be very surprising to me, but a welcome surprise for sure. I would have expected that after the CTX -- which I thought was the "end of the line" of the FBS platform, that any future "flagship" from Minelab for coin/relic/beach hunters would be based off of the Multi-IQ platform. Perhaps I was wrong?

I have been expecting an Equinox 1000. Should I be expecting a CTX 4040 instead?!

Steve

Rich --

Do you have any idea how reliable your "source" is? That would be very surprising to me, but a welcome surprise for sure. I would have expected that after the CTX -- which I thought was the "end of the line" of the FBS platform, that any future "flagship" from Minelab for coin/relic/beach hunters would be based off of the Multi-IQ platform. Perhaps I was wrong?

I have been expecting an Equinox 1000. Should I be expecting a CTX 4040 instead?!

Steve
Hi Steve,

If I remember "correctly" there was a thread about it here on this forum maybe a year or 2 ago. If I have the time I will try to search for it. I remember certain advantages of the FBS were being discussed. Maybe we'll get both, a 1000 and a 4040. Minelab history tells us we can expect something and maybe soon. HH

Maybe they will come out with something that has ground penetrating radar that will show a picture of what is underground. Under 1000$ would be great. I think I am setting my hopes a little to high. But I did just find that Nokta does have something similar but not cheap.

They better or they will have the same fate as Whites. N/M have copied and IMPROVED their 800 for way less $ just like they copied Fisher. Say what you will about copying but everyone does it, no one more than Ford. ML discontinued the Etrac so they surely, if they want to be the leaders, have something new coming.

Looks like the Manticore is it!!!!

Steve
You missed it by that much! As we all know by now it's a 900.

Attachments

• 7822BDCD-D1B6-4D9F-A58D-AD8D85F92CE0.jpeg
    7822BDCD-D1B6-4D9F-A58D-AD8D85F92CE0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52