Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 1st Hunt

Jed in NC

Took my new Equinox 600 to the beach this weekend for its maiden voyage. I have been hunting N.C. beaches with an Excal II for several years, but am brand new to the Equinox. I bought a pair of Miccus Stealth SR-71 headphones online and they worked great without any issues. I also purchased some Gray Ghost for the Nox but they did't arrive for the trip. I hunted a total of about 6.5 to 7 hours over two days. The beach had lots of sand removed during a recent hurricane. I hunted dry, wet, and wash less than knee deep. I hunted the whole time in Beach 1 mode and only ran Noise Cancel. All other settings were untouched. I was impressed with how stable the machine ran out of the box. Even though I have hunted the beach before, I am as green as it gets with the Equinox. I struggled with determining which target id's and broken signals to dig and the ones to pass on. The only way I'll get it is to spend lots of time behind this machine and glean what I can from you folks. I was impressed with the small items that the machine hit on and how well it performed in trashy areas. I found some bullets that I would like some help identifying. Please see the pictures below:

Great Hunt! Bullets look like old 45 caliber Army ones. Probably from the Shore batteries from WWII

Awesome hunt Jed!! Play around with the low ID targets small rings and chains can come in a lot lower than a nickel. I agree the bullets look more modern with the copper jackets, measure the OD to check the caliber.
Jeff

Nice finds you'll get to love your equinox..

Thanks guys. Headed back tomorrow for a long weekend. Picked up some Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones for the nox from Richard @ Backwoods. I got the Equinox and my Excal from him as well. Great guy to do business with!