Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 600 and 800 compared .

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

a look at the 600 and 800.[video]https://youtu.be/fmKk99qXGrk[/video]

Very nice video. Wow they both work well.
Great descriptive info on both machines.

Excellent Video which really helped make my decision to get the 600 based on they type of hunting I do.
Thanks,
Chuck

That was a great video! If I would pull the trigger it would be for a 600 as I am not a relic hunter. Just fields and parks.

So the question I have, when would you NEED the higher recovery speed above what the 600 offers? Also it was my understanding the higher the recovery speed the less depth you get, so would using the higher 7 or 8 recovery speed on the 800 limit depth, if so by how much?

and anyone else who has made "head to head" comparisons of the two EQUINOX models. When you compare the recovery speed of the 600 to the 800, do you feel that having more "recovery setting" options on the 800 is really an advantage? The reason I ask is because most of the people who are testing recovery speeds are whipping the coil much faster than they would during an actual hunt. Do you think the slight difference between the two could be compensated for with a bit slower sweep speed? Just curious as to your opinion. Thanks in advance. And a special THANKS for all the work you've put into making the videos. HH Randy

I have to have it in thick iron. Not that much difference but a little. Yes 7 and 8 cuts depth. 7 verse 6 you probably lose a inch or so. .just a guess don't know the exact amount but it does...