Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 and 800

GroundScanner

Hi guys, question on the Equinox 600 and 800. Other then bells and whistles, is the 800 deeper then the 600 or are they both the same in the depth department? Thanks , GS

For me Park 2, is the deepest on both the 600 and 800 in normal to moderate mineralized dirt. If Park 2 is set up the same way on the 600 and 800 they will achieve the same depth. In highly mineralized dirt, the Gold modes are a bit deeper than Park 2.

Jeff

The answer (as usual) is IT DEPENDS. In mild ground and no EMI then sure, they would be equal. Although since the 800 has a larger range on controls, then it can deal with worse conditions, or more precisely dial in for conditions. How much more depth that translates to is as variable as the ground conditions we hunt, but for decades we have been chasing small improvements in ability in the newest detectors.

I can not speak to the field results between the 800 and 600 as I have only used the 800. But, out of the box you are paying more for the 800 for the following:

one more direct mode: Gold
a User Profile Button
selective 20 and 40kHz operation
manual Noise Canceling
adjustable Threshold tones
Ferrous / Non-ferrous Tone, Break and Pitch control the 600 only has Ferrous control
finer adjustment on Recovery Speed (8 steps vrs 3)
Bluetooth headphones included / 600 has wired headphone s
WM 08 is included (wireless module for 1/8 inch wired headphones and audio sharing)

What I have gleamed form many posts and conversations is if the 800 is set to the comparable settings of a 600 the results in depth will be equal. As with any detector, it is not so much the differences between detectors but the operator's knowledge of why and how to make adjustments for a given environment and how to decipher the generated audio nuances.

Thanks , that is a huge difference. When all said and done. The 800 is well worth the xtra so to speak. GS. .
WaterWalker said:
I can not speak to the field results between the 800 and 600 as I have only used the 800. But, out of the box you are paying more for the 800 for the following:

one more direct mode: Gold
a User Profile Button
selective 20 and 40kHz operation
manual Noise Canceling
adjustable Threshold tones
Ferrous / Non-ferrous Tone, Break and Pitch control the 600 only has Ferrous control
finer adjustment on Recovery Speed (8 steps vrs 3)
Bluetooth headphones included / 600 has wired headphone s
WM 08 is included (wireless module for 1/8 inch wired headphones and audio sharing)

What I have gleamed form many posts and conversations is if the 800 is set to the comparable settings of a 600 the results in depth will be equal. As with any detector, it is not so much the differences between detectors but the operator's knowledge of why and how to make adjustments for a given environment and how to decipher the generated audio nuances.

Add to Waterwalker's list the VCO type audio, numerical target ID and the excellent iron identification adjustments and hot rock/cold rock tools available in the gold modes for prospecting and relic hunting.

Jeff

I guess I have to get out of the water and try some land detecting for a change. I know gold has been found in all 50 states, but not so much here in Massachusetts.
I'm not too old, yet, to learn a few more controls. Who knows, what will be in the next scoop/hole dug? Enjoying the hobby one beep at a time.
Happy New Year to all.