Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 and small coil Impresses me again, on nail hill

kaolinwasher

its just an old brass shotgun shell , but if you knew how hammered this spot is you would be impressed to . Took the 600 and small coil out to iron hill and nver exepted it to pull another target out of this pounded spot but it did, i was using the 6" coil and had it in park 1 sweep speed 3, and 0 iron bias , all metal and you get low and high tones of the ends of the cut nails but only in one derection. wel in the mist of this mayhem i got a mid tone but was weak in one derection but becuase it seems more solid i dug it and from 6" down comes a very old brass shot shell . wich blew me away because ive hit this spot so hard its a grassy ovel about 30ft long and 25 ft wide just amazed me

Attachments

• 20200704_083056.jpg
    20200704_083056.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200704_083102.jpg
    20200704_083102.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200704_083115.jpg
    20200704_083115.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 114
Well done , might experiment speeding up your recovery speed. I regularly crank mine to 7 or 8 in extra heavy iron just have to slow your sweep speed way down. I pulled this out of a bed of nails after 2 800's with stock coils missed it. 3 nails were in the pile of dirt.

Attachments

• 20200703_063957.jpg
    20200703_063957.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 20200703_064010.jpg
    20200703_064010.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Gunnar,
I notice when I'm in a lot of iron a faster recovery speed may make it easier to hear the goodies amongst the iron. I find that at faster recovery speeds the iron is more identifiable. Iron tends to "bleed out" and doesn't hold together in tone like a non-ferrous target. Laplander is correct with the coil speed. Move very slowly with the coil. Good luck and keep us posted.

Super job on the extraction! That's a beauty!!

Well done , might experiment speeding up your recovery speed. I regularly crank mine to 7 or 8 in extra heavy iron just have to slow your sweep speed way down. I pulled this out of a bed of nails after 2 800's with stock coils missed it. 3 nails were in the pile of dirt.

I think he is has the Nox 600, he is runig his recovery speed at 3 which the same as 6 on the Nox 800

Thank you for reminding of this. You are correct Gunnar has the 600 model.

I think he is has the Nox 600, he is runig his recovery speed at 3 which the same as 6 on the Nox 800

its just an old brass shotgun shell , but if you knew how hammered this spot is you would be impressed to . Took the 600 and small coil out to iron hill and nver exepted it to pull another target out of this pounded spot but it did, i was using the 6" coil and had it in park 1 sweep speed 3, and 0 iron bias , all metal and you get low and high tones of the ends of the cut nails but only in one derection. wel in the mist of this mayhem i got a mid tone but was weak in one derection but becuase it seems more solid i dug it and from 6" down comes a very old brass shot shell . wich blew me away because ive hit this spot so hard its a grassy ovel about 30ft long and 25 ft wide just amazed me
Being an "Ammo Guy" the cartridge is made by Eley Brothers of London England. Their still in business..!!

Fastraw, thats intresting because this town ,Spencer brook was settled by the inglish in the 1850,s we have towns named priceton Cambridge, Bradford, and spencer brook

Fastraw, thats intresting because this town ,Spencer brook was settled by the inglish in the 1850,s we have towns named priceton Cambridge, Bradford, and spencer brook
The remains of your cartridge is fairly early, about 1870-1875 Because of the 3-piece primer. Eley Brothers, (now just Eley) never distributed ammo in the USA until much later. SO... this tells me it was brought over on the sailing ship, so he would already have ammo when arrived to start his new life in AMERICA..!!!

cool