Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 awesome machine

BarryL

no super great finds but some silver and a wheat in the same hole 1929 s merc and a 1919 wheat I really am liking this mult freq and the simplicity of this detector now to just find a dealer with some 800s in stock to trade my Deus in on LOL I am just amazed at how quiet this detector runs in Trashy city lots cant wait to get on an old homestead with it I did notice it hits hard on very rusted small nails but if I turn the coil it always has that scratchy tone from one direction and not very solid on the ID

Same here. Very impressed by my 600. I've been making good finds at my old schoolhouse and homesites. In my soil Iron falses haven't been a problem, if the #'s are jumping around and a one way signal it's almost never a good target. And it loves nickels!

I like a couple of the forum sponsors (dealers) and I want to order from them. I could have scoured the country and probably came up with an 800 but I want to give my business to someone I know and has given me good service in the past. I have a buddy that wants my 600 and I'll get an 800 when they are available.I must say for me and the hunting I do there is no advantage to having the 800, it's just something I want more than need.

The 800 and my deus are in my stable. They both have pros and cons over each other.. I like the 800 very much and it will replace my deus 11 inch coil setup..

I like the Deus but I think if I concentrate more on the use of the Equinoxes I could do a lot better in my area Learning the ins and outs of two different machines is a struggle for me , The Deus has found me some nice coins and other items its just seems more reasonable for me to learn the Nox . Also I seem to understand the tone language of the Equinox a little easier . Anyway this is just my Humble opinion .

greenmeanie said:
I was thinking of adding a deus to my collection.
So are you saying I wouldn't need a deus with my NOX 800?

Well I do mostly old home sites, schools and parks. I sold my Deus after getting my nox 600 and comparing the two. For what I do it just does not make sense to have a Deus when the nox does everything I need plus some. Deus is a great detector , but the nox just beat it out on some things . So I ordered a nox 800 lol. Hey I need a backup.. once these other coils come out you will see more people selling detectors because the nox will really kick azz!
The nox is simple and makes detecting really fun again for me..