Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 book ?

SWMO Mark

Is there a book available that only gives tips on the best ways to use the 600 ? All the books I have bought are more directed toward the 800. Thanks. Mark

Mark.....If you are familiar with your detector after reading the manual,I would ask questions right here on the forum. Some very knowledgeable members here and are willing to help! I did buy the Andy S. book and you can get some ideas but field experience and the owners manual can be your best friend!

Ted S said:
Mark.....If you are familiar with your detector after reading the manual,I would ask questions right here on the forum. Some very knowledgeable members here and are willing to help! I did buy the Andy S. book and you can get some ideas but field experience and the owners manual can be your best friend!

Agree 100% with Ted S.

I have the 800 & 600 and have hundreds of hours on the 600. Forget the books (I have them all). You will partially learn in the forums and youtube videos related to settings. Most of what to learn will be in the field.

Start tweaking settings and mode hop here and there to get a feel for the machine. I personally like Park 1. I hunt in inland West Coast soil and it is pretty mild here. I rarely need to GB.

I don't have much time with factory settings but many people on the forums say to start out this way. Here are the settings that I use for 90% of my hunting. Take it FWIW as you will no doubt work into your own as time goes on.

Nox 600
Park 1
50 tones
23-24 sens
2 rec speed
23 volume
0 disc
Horseshoe button on (AM)
0 threshold
FE 0 or FE2 0

Be sure to do the 2.0 upgrade

I dig silver coins, V niks, Buffs, indians, gold jewelry, relics and tons and tons of modern nickels with these settings. Of course, with any setting and in any mode, you will dig your share of trash, rusted nails, aluminum, etc.

Good luck !!!

Mark, if you are new to Minelab machines then purchase Andy’s new book.

If not new to Minelab’s then get to know all factory settings first in the field.

I took pages of the manual with me and learned them in the field.

Go slow, it’s a minelab

Tony NJ

I'd like a manual specifically for the 600. Cross-translation between the 800 and 600 instructions ain't terrible, yet it does cause road bumps in flow with the curve for learning Equinox.

A 600 specific manual would be logical, and customer friendly.