Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 coil mount!!!

shiffty

Hi all...just wondered if any members have had an issue with the coil mounts , noticed a slight wiggle while out detecting ,thought it could be the dreaded shaft wobble... after close inspection noticed that the right shaft mount was completely sheared off from the coil ..this is only my 5th hunt with the detector ,in no way has the yoke bolt been over tightened & have not been knocked in any way as I only wet sand beach hunt !!! Would be interested if any other members have had this issue? Will be contacting my dealer to see if warranty applies here!!! Thanks all

You are the first that i know of ..... should i say congrats lol? Mine gets a lot of banging and twisting out there in the water or on the sand and a lot of hours doing it. Those ears appears to be the same size as the CTX. They seem to be thin...... but stronger then they look i believe. Sorry ....... hate repairs but at this point i think we are hearing every one. Just a few things seems to be a real issue.

I've noticed on mine after SLIGHTLY tightening up the coil nuts, the coil is difficult adjusting up or down for proper ground searching. I've taken them off and dabbed a VERY LITTLE vaseline on the rubber washers. It seems to help with the up and down movement on the coil.

If you mod it with a carbon fiber shaft from the company with the same name as a major window manufacturer, you will find it replaces the Minelabs teardrop gasket design with a round setup, and more importantly, it comes with two nylon washers to be inserted on the inside of the mounts, that will make the coil now slide with ease, and hold position, without having to torque down on the bolt.

I've used one of these to fix a broken X-Terra coil:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-related-stuff-sale/503283-metal-detector-coil-ear-repair.html

Hope this is helpful...

HighPlainsHunter said:
I've used one of these to fix a broken X-Terra coil:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-related-stuff-sale/503283-metal-detector-coil-ear-repair.html

Hope this is helpful...

Thanks, this is a greatd fix. Do you have any contact details for the seller of this Kit?
Thanks
Chuck