Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 Leak

My wife just bought me a 600 for Christmas first time in water Gulf of Mexico Saltwater, it leaked...looked like it still worked only showed water sign behind the screen. I started to take for the second trip, found the battery dead. It was charged when I put it up.
I then charged up and found it would not turn off. When I pushed the off button it would lock up. I removed the battery to reset same thing. tried factory reset no luck. Battery compartment bone dry not sure where water came from speaker area?
I sent Minelab a request for warranty repair and they got back super fast with Authorization to ship back for repair. Only problem they had two return addresses on form both said for me to ship here. Re contacted and they responded immediately.
They gave me the correct address and as soon as I get home I will be shipping out. Not sure what the turnaround time will be but so far I am very pleased with service.
Lucky I was able to use my Excalibur II and did find a nice 14k Women's ring with real diamonds. Guess it was meant to be. Happy Hunting to all.

Update!
I was able to ship my defective unit January 22, 2020. They received unit Jan. 24, 2020.
I received Email Jan. 24, 202 Service Department stated they did not find any water inside unit, but unit would not power up even with new battery. They then informed me they would be sending new unit with new serial number enclosed. It also has latest updated software.
Unit was shipped Jan. 24, 2020..Wow I am amazed how fast the service is. I commend them on a fantastic turnaround. I am still debating to dip new unit to find out before warranty expires if it is sea worthy, or just use above water. The decolorization of the backscreen led me to belive the unit had water inside, suppose that was some of another problem associated with power button inoperable. Glad to be getting a new unit. Thank You Minelab/Service Department.

Replacement 600 will be arriving today, USPS tracking showed it was going to be delivered yesterday but got hung up in Dallas/Fort Worth. out for delivery today. Hope everything works fine with it.

I Received the replaced 600 and played with it a little at the house..everything seems to work fine..did find out the same blue tooth headphones 4.2 version that would not pair with the other unit works great and pairs perfect with this unit. go figure.
will try to take it on test drive tomorrow if everything works out as planned. Happy Friday!