Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 ordered

metalfun

Been away for a while guys but ordered a new equinox 600 today.Kind of a bummer it don't come with owners manual. They sent me a download version. Would appreciate any advice for a equinox 600 newbie.Thanks to everyone.

metalfun said:
Been away for a while guys but ordered a new equinox 600 today.Kind of a bummer it don't come with owners manual. They sent me a download version. Would appreciate any advice for a equinox 600 newbie.Thanks to everyone.

Drop the recovery speed from the factory setting of 3, to 2 and just hunt. I have never been much of a reader so an on-line manual fits my style. The Equinox really isn't a machine needing a lot of instructional materials anyway. jmh2c

Mfun
Welcome
Just noise cancel if you have emi if it persists lower your sensitivity.
Ask away with any specifics we will all chime in :lol: LOL
Jeff

Congrats on the 600 metalfun. I love mine. I am new to the machine as well, and I do just what Jeff said, Noise cancel for EMI, and lower SENS if needed. I have not had to lower my SENS. I even turn my Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer on before I Noise Cancel and it gets rid of most if not all the chatter from that.

You can watch tons of videos on youtube

Jed in NC said:
Congrats on the 600 metalfun. I love mine. I am new to the machine as well, and I do just what Jeff said, Noise cancel for EMI, and lower SENS if needed. I have not had to lower my SENS. I even turn my Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer on before I Noise Cancel and it gets rid of most if not all the chatter from that.

Thanks Jed I'm looking forward to hunting with it. I see you are from NC I live about the halfway point between Wilson and Raleigh off US 264. HH

metalfun said:

Thanks Jed I'm looking forward to hunting with it. I see you are from NC I live about the halfway point between Wilson and Raleigh off US 264. HH

Thats cool, I'm about 8 miles from Benson off of I-40. I do most of my hunting on Topsail Island, but now that I'm retired, I would like to do some relic hunting locally as well.

I think the Equinox represents the leading position in the evolving field of detecting. For price to performance it is very competitive and then it is so strong hunting 'out of the box' yet one of the easiest and most flexible units to configure to ones preferences. It has builtin bluetooth wireless and the 800 comes with wireless headphones. In a little over a year I've seen the 'nox take over my local beach from the mighty Excalibur. Print manuals are nice, I have a pile of them I virtually never look at again. Sigh, progress is not without some pain.

I was playing with my 600 in the house this afternoon..It will be a piece of cake if I can remember the icons when I am out in the field!