Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX 600 VS 800 RECOVERY SPEED

C

calabash digger

heres attest of the two... I will have a depth video up before long too.[video]https://youtu.be/4U8JoOmoTgg[/video]

Good video. I was worried about the recovery speed on the 600, but when I pulled coins out of one trashiest and iron laden site I ever hunted, that fear went away. All were recovered from 7 to 8 inchs to boot.

If you have a CTX try this test if you want.
Pass a quarter over the coil off the NOX then the CTX.
Then pass the same quarter on edge over the coils.
I found my CTX works better on edge targets when the nox doesn't do so well on some of the edge targets I have tried.

I don't have a ctx... I messed up with 600 though I thought iron bias corrosponed the same and it doesn't. 2 on the 600 is 4 on the 800. The iron bias was to high on the 600 and it affected its performance.

greenmeanie said:
If you have a CTX try this test if you want.
Pass a quarter over the coil off the NOX then the CTX.
Then pass the same quarter on edge over the coils.
I found my CTX works better on edge targets when the nox doesn't do so well on some of the edge targets I have tried.

Do you mean your NOX can't see the coin on edge or just doesn't see it as deep as the CTX? If it doesn't see it, something is wrong. My NOX sees coins on edge--not as deep as flat, but ok. Otherwise, I would just put it down to the differences in machines and coils. The CTX is certainly capable of providing information the NOX doesn't, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is an edge difference. (I'll try this with my Etrac if I can locate its stock coil.) Also, air tests are notoriously unreliable predictors of ground performance with these machines.

Has anyone noticed that the recovery speed in park 1
Is higher/faster on the 600 than on the 800.
The 3 on the 600 is equal to the 6 on the 800
And in park 1 the 800 is set to recovery speed 5
( in park2 its on 6 )

Sounds like the 600 clips a little more than the 800 but real close

Air tests are a waste of time as the ground has an effect on the detectors detection ability. Detecting/comparison of in-ground targets within a real site is the only reliable way forward.