Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 vs Vanquish 540?

I personally don't have either, here is some food for thought, when it comes to depth and tiny targets I need the extra quality in sound/volume that I have only found with the wm08 module coupled to a pair of full sized headphones. The 600 doesn't come with the wm08 module. JMO
HH Jeff

I've had both the 540 and nox 600, and the 440 also which I still have . I no longer have the nox or the 540.
540 coil was too big for my areas and the 440 7x10 just suited me better. I thought about swapping coils and selling the 440 with the 9x12 but just decided to sell the 540 and keep 440.. 440 is really good.
As for the 600 or the 540, best way I can put it is do you want the bottom of the equinox line or the top of the vanquish line? Can't see one finding anything the other wouldn't..
600 has a few settings the 540 don't and is waterproof. 540 is better balanced, foldable for easy travel and. Better coils imo.
Toss up in my book, it all comes down to features you want really. Good luck

I agree with woodbutcher. I have the Vanquish 440, Nox 600 and Nox 800. I think it all comes down to how much and where you will be detecting. If you will be detecting a lot with the control box potentially submerged in fresh or salt water, in thick iron trash or really trashy parks I would pick the Equinox 600 over any Vanquish model. The Equinox 600 has more flexibility and adjustability for target separation/unmasking, recovery speed, iron bias options, audio options, ground balancing options and a bigger coil to name a few.

If you are just starting out and this is your first detector, need a detector upgrade from an entry level detector, just want an excellent detector for casual hunting, or want a quick and easy loaner/grab and go detector, the Vanquish models are an incredibly viable option.

Jeff

I have the Nox 800 and the Vanquish 540. I’m honestly am not finding much of a difference , especially on depth at the beach anyways.....The Vanquish is a great value. The Nox will have more accuracy in coin hunting situation only because of setting options. Other than that, The vanquish is a great beach detector.

Seems to me...? the difference in price of less than $100.00 from the Vanquish 540 and the Equinox 600 you might as well get the 600. But I am new to the metal detecting game so what do I know?

Seems to me...? the difference in price of less than $100.00 from the Vanquish 540 and the Equinox 600 you might as well get the 600. But I am new to the metal detecting game so what do I know?

One thing to consider is that the 540 Pro Pack comes with the ML-80 wireless headphones, that come with the Equinox 800, and it also comes with the additional V8 coil. Quite the value for $150 less than the 600...

The most significant difference in my opinion is Water Resistance vs Water Proof. Living in Florida, that's a big deal to me.

One thing to consider is that the 540 Pro Pack comes with the ML-80 wireless headphones, that come with the Equinox 800, and it also comes with the additional V8 coil. Quite the value for $150 less than the 600...
High Plains Hunter did make a good point. the 540 pro pack does come with the wireless headphones which is a big value