Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 600

park 1 gaine 20-22 sweep speed 3 and 0 iron bias 5 tone, multi frequincy

Park1- multi or Park2 - multi
leave GB at 0
Sensitivity 23
Recovery speed 2 (on the 600) or 4 (800)
notch nothing out
50 tones
Iron Bias = F2-0
Scan slowly

Go have fun and if you have the time, experiment over un-dug targets by raising or lowering recovery speed, iron bias Levels, tones, sensitivity etc and see how the target behaves. I performed a bunch of testing when I first received the detector doing this very thing and glad I took the time. FOR ME in my hunting conditions, (the above mentioned settings) I did extremely well with finding hundreds of old coins in pounded parks. Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited:
Park1- multi or Park2 - multi
leave GB at 0
Sensitivity 23
Recovery speed 2 (on the 600) or 4 (800)
notch nothing out
50 tones
Iron Bias = F2-0
Scan slowly

Go have fun and if you have the time, experiment over un-dug targets by raising or lowering recovery speed, iron bias Levels, tones, sensitivity etc and see how the target behaves. I performed a bunch of testing when I first received the detector doing this very thing and glad I took the time. FOR ME in my hunting conditions, (the above mentioned settings) I did extremely well with finding hundreds of old coins in pounded parks. Good luck and keep us posted
How's that 50 tone treat you? I didn't care for it and went back to 5 tone. Other than that,my settings are pretty close to yours. I do adjust sensitivity depending on EMI. I also noise cancel everytime I change something. To the OP...I am sure you will enjoy your 600! Good luck!

Hi Ted,
I love the 50 tones. I am glad Minelab provided the user with optional 50 tones on the Equinox. I contacted Minelab before purchasing just to make sure they were going to offer multi-tone. To me, the 50 tone setting allows me to hear targets that are struggling to increase in tone. I will always dig them and have been rewarded with very nice old coins.
I also notice and have dug many signals that decrease and increase in tone. Many of these targets turn out to be multiple denomination coins close together. The slight variances in tone are (to me) literally money to my ears. For me, I couldn't hunt with out it. Well, technically I could but I feel I would be missing targets using 1, 2 or 5 tones. All about preferences and I choose to stick with 50 tones. Good luck in the field. - Jim

How's that 50 tone treat you? I didn't care for it and went back to 5 tone. Other than that,my settings are pretty close to yours. I do adjust sensitivity depending on EMI. I also noise cancel everytime I change something. To the OP...I am sure you will enjoy your 600! Good luck!

Jim it does seem the 50 tones grabs a little better

Don’t get too serious on settings. I deliberately detuned and played with all settings and the darn thing kept doing a great job so if you are off on settings it will work good.
Doug