Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Advanced Settings Questions

David53

I am unable to use advanced settings for: Park2, Field2, Beach2 except for changing the Iron Bias for those programs. Park1, Field1, and Beach1 allow me to use all of the advanced settings. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my machine?

David you should be able to access advanced in 1 as well as 2 in those modes. Have you tried a factory reset, press and hold start button till FP appears on screen.
Laplander

Is it me or does it seem a lot of issues with people having to factory reset for various problems. Or maybe thats just what being recommended every time.

dewcon4414 said:
Is it me or does it seem a lot of issues with people having to factory reset for various problems. Or maybe thats just what being recommended every time.

It seems to be the way with a lot of electronics Cell phones, Computers Etc..I'm glad they have given us this option it's a very simple first step to clearing the slate before calling the manufacture/service.
Laplander

dewcon4414 said:

Its just a last chance, hail-mary attempt. when nothing else works, it gets put out to try before calling for a RMO #

Much of the factory resets is to get the detector back to the way it comes from the factory as many do adjustments they think will make it better then have problems. Now to see if with the problems are from the adjustments or is there something else wrong and this is where the factory resets come into play as it puts the detector back to factory setting so you have it back where it comes from the factory and can tell if there is something wrong with the detector or one of the setting you did cause the problem.
I sure glad some manufactures have this on their detectors and when someone if having a problem a good place to start when checking it out.

Rick

I have worked many years in IT and since everything nowadays is damn near a computer, it fits that you want to start with a fresh clean slate to attempt to resolve any issue. Think of it as the old three finger salute or reboot of a computer or even re-installing software. The more you fool around with settings, the more likely that you miss a setting that you set on purpose or by accident. I do it all the time with my detectors and the ability to restore the Factory Presets has always saved me from having to go thru every setting to restore the machine to its defaults. It also makes supporting the product easier if everyone is on the same page.

Thank You.

According to Minelab, if tones are not set to 5 tones, then the advanced settings I was trying to use will not work.

Once I changed the default tones on Park2 & Field2 down from 50 tones to 5 tones I was able to use all of the advanced settings. I was mistaken about the beach mode2 because it worked without my making changes.

***The main mistake, I made, was not throughly reading the manual and instead relying on a ***(YouTube Video)***.

I am admitting to mistakes because mistakes are for learning and maybe I will end up preventing others from making the same mistakes in the first place.

Once I start trying to tackle a problem, I like to find the solution to it even if it means saying I was at fault.

On the bright side, I don’t have to send my machine back to MineLab.

I also want to let everyone know that the Helpdesk Technicians at Minelab are Very Knowledgeable and Super Fast because they called me back within 15 Minutes after I made my initial call.

factory reset or powering off and then back on is the standard for curing 90% of customer's problems and setting a base line where the service rep can begin diagnosing the problem without worrying about what the customer may have done via many adjustment settings. It basically sends a current through all the circuits and loads the factory program back into memory. (not 100% technical but you get the drift of what I mean I hope.) The only thing about the factory reset on the Nox is if you have put in your own custom settings especially tone breaks, volume, and pitch it is a pain to set them kup again. But it does give you practice on entering these settings.

Hey with all of your off shore cable company customer service reps it is their favorite solution no matter what you ask them. I once ask them to explain the function of all the modem LED's or status lights and they told me to to power off and wait two minutes and power back on. This gives them a lot of free time doing nothing while waiting on the phone.