Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 aftermarket Bluetooth earbuds won't pair

I have tried to pair 3 different sets of aftermarket earbuds to my new 800. Neither set will pair with my Nox. I have used what the Minelab Representative suggested in purchasing Version 4.0 or newer Bluetooth earbuds, but the best they will do is connect for just a few seconds with choppy sound. Anybody else have this problem? And did you get it fixed? If so, how? Could this be because of the latest firmware update?

I've never had this problem. I have the Minelab stock Bluetooth wireless headphones and a pair of Avantree low latency Bluetooth wireless headphones. I would do a factory reset first then turn on your earbuds (I wait until I have alternating blue and red lights on both of mine),
then I press the wireless button for at least 5 seconds on the Nox control unit. You will first see the Wi Fi icon for about 15 seconds then it will change to the Bluetooth icon. If they pair you will see the headphone icon afterwards. Keep them with 3 feet of each other. I had to do a couple of Nox power down and power ups in the beginning setup for pairing to complete and the same if I change headphones. It can take a while. Info is on page 53 of the online manual.

Jeff

Yes I have the latest update. It made no difference for me. My wireless headphones worked well before and after the update.

Jeff

Ok, Thank you! That tells me that there is a problem with the detector itself. My Minelab ML80 headphones pair up well along with the WM08 wireless module.Just not any other Bluetooth earbuds.

Are you watching the detector screen......... most of the time its a matter of having to wait until it goes from WIFI over to blue tooth.

Do you know for certain that your ear buds and your Nox are fully charged?

Jeff

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2468057,page=1

This old thread might help you

Do your factory headphones pair?

Robert Hohman Sr. said:
Yes they do.

Those headphones are straight up standard bluetooth...(i.e. non ML proprietary unlike the WM08 )
Those ML80's are simply rebranded off-the-shelf bluetooth AptX-LL after-market headphones.

If your unit pairs with them, it should pair with any proper bluetooth phones.
Doesn't matter whether they're over-the-ear, or ear-bud style...its the same codec.

(...IOW, I really don't think it's the detector...unless, on the off-chance it's an antenna/signal strength issue...)

Good Luck,
mike

Finally found a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds that work! Blackweb wireless neckband earbuds apt X from Walmart. $29.88. Thanks for all of the help and input!
Finally found a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds that work! Blackweb wireless neckband earbuds apt X from Walmart. $29.88. Thanks for all of the help and input!
Are those Blackweb ones waterproof/resistant? Having the same problem with my 600. Bought a set of Soundpeat earbuds but won’t sync. It shows sync’d on the screen, but earbuds just do an every 5/6 second blue blink and no sound. I looked up those Blackweb, it doesn’t say in the ad that they’re apt-x.

Are those Blackweb ones waterproof/resistant? Having the same problem with my 600. Bought a set of Soundpeat earbuds but won’t sync. It shows sync’d on the screen, but earbuds just do an every 5/6 second blue blink and no sound. I looked up those Blackweb, it doesn’t say in the ad that they’re apt-x.
The Blackweb earbuds are not waterproof.