Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Earring anybody?

namron13

Has anyone been able to find a earring lost in back garden, the lawn is about 2 inch tall. what setting would you recommend?

It depends on what the earring is like. If it has something attached to it the 11" coil will get it with low a id of probably 1-5. If it's just a small pin than you need a 6" coil and then if it gets a hit it will only be about a 1/4" deep.

Test the other earring first. Note the VDI and the depth. A small stud will fool you in depth reading, showing deeper. Initial logic might have you skipping a 3-4" signal, because it was recently lost, and not had time to sink. I know that I have failed in my efforts inn the past. In my defense, I didn't have the other earring, or a similar one. Hope this helps.

5900 has the plan........ BUT another issue that may reduce finding it is..... its likely OPEN. That may change the reading so i suggest you air test it open.

In addition to the above advice I would recommend using prospecting mode in multi frequency,separation 6 ish...6” coil would be best...if it is in a clean area it shouldn’t be too hard to find... the advantage of prospecting mode is it gives a more exaggerated signal on those tiny objects... I’ve found hundreds if not thousands through the years,all in sand..I would also recommend a slow sweep speed as you have give the coil time to se it... good luck...[attachment 370344 65E4923E-4F3D-496E-B450-B1CB721ED783.jpeg]

bootyhoundpa said:
In addition to the above advice I would recommend using prospecting mode in multi frequency,separation 6 ish...6” coil would be best...if it is in a clean area it shouldn’t be too hard to find... the advantage of prospecting mode is it gives a more exaggerated signal on those tiny objects... I’ve found hundreds if not thousands through the years,all in sand..I would also recommend a slow sweep speed as you have give the coil time to se it... good luck...[attachment 370344 65E4923E-4F3D-496E-B450-B1CB721ED783.jpeg]
. That would be interesting to try. What about In trashy areas or even in parks. Do you think that would work. You using Prospect 1 or 2.

Just curious.
Doug

Donut said:
bootyhoundpa said:
. That would be interesting to try. What about In trashy areas or even in parks. Do you think that would work. You using Prospect 1 or 2.

Just curious. This setting will still hit hard on aluminum so probably not good for most parks..it does a good job of ignoring the bobby-pins sized iron..
Doug

Thank to everyone for your suggestions.

I did have the other earring I ran the equinox 800 with a 6 inch coil through all the settings and the only setting that pickup the earring was gold 2 and VDI was 1, same range as an aluminum foil which I found many in my search but Unfortunately I failed to locate the earing after three hours searching in the back yard. Conclusion she must have lost it somewhere else either in the house or at work.

Thank you all.