Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Field Test for CW Relics

Confetrit

I was wondering if anyone has seen any videos concerning field testing the Nox 800 being used for CW relics. I haven't seen any personally, and I'm wondering if the Nox is going to primarily be a coin and jewelry MD. The closest I have seen is the one that the Calabash Digger did when he included a CW Minnie Ball among other targets, mostly coins and jewelry.

I have been in the low country this week so the Deus has been in hand but will put it on a relic site when I get home. Did use yesterday on a trashed out city lot for a hour or so and it ran good.

While I don't have any videos I have been posting Civil War finds for months. The Equinox is doing an excellent job pulling buttons out of iron infested hunted out sites. While these site are not battle fields they are real world hunts very much like Calabash does.
Laplander

Laplander - How about giving out a few settings and sweep speeds for doing that! I have not been able to reach anything deeper than about 4-5" in really trashy sites. I am in modified bins 5 tones, sense at 22-23, Park 1 and Park 2, with iron set at 4 and recovery at 1. To me the relationship of 'recovery' and 'Iron bias' and sweep speed for depth and target ID is very difficult to attain! I get the targets but the numbers are all over the spectrum. On the sites I work I would not move 3' in an hour if I dug every good iffy tone! I am just not getting good separation of targets. Yes, I am finding a ton of stuff, but I hunt behind myself with the CTX and find really good deeper stuff I totally missed with the Eq. It is great on a clean yard with little or no trash, but when the screw tabs, pop tops, pull tabs and can slaw get involved I am whipped. I just cant seem to figure out the settings for those areas. Or is it the big coil seeing everything?

jas -- FWIW, I don't use recovery 1 very much; so far, it seems TOO slow -- in that you have to sweep SUPER, and I mean SUPER slow, and the target responses are "elongated" and, in my opinion, a bit "muddled" unless it's a REALLY isolated target. I would say try setting recovery at 3. For me, it gets GOOD depth with recovery set at 3 or 4, but MUCH better/cleaner target responses at more "normal" sweep speeds...

Steve

Field one
5 tones
iron volume 8
Recovery 5-8 depending on iron volume actual depth is relative to your site. When you can't lay your probe on the ground with out it sounding off for the iron don't expect super depth.
don't have iron bias, wish i did so zero.
I don't dig every iffy signal but investigate them by sweeping ar 90 degres with really small wiggles to stay on top of the target, they really should repeat tone wise. Iron will almost always drop out with a few exceptions, and those I dig so I don't have to here them again.
Run the sensitivity as hot as it will run stable.
The slaw / aluminum issue is another matter. Do you want to miss anything at your site? You have make that call to discriminate or not discriminate that is the question.
Laplander

Kevin Rose said:
I was wondering if anyone has seen any videos concerning field testing the Nox 800 being used for CW relics. I haven't seen any personally, and I'm wondering if the Nox is going to primarily be a coin and jewelry MD. The closest I have seen is the one that the Calabash Digger did when he included a CW Minnie Ball among other targets, mostly coins and jewelry.

I’ve seen several videos and finds reports of civil war relics. The Equ Nox is going to be a great relic machine, as it’s hot on lead and brass not to mention silver and copper and gold. This is Minelab’s most capaable all around relic machine without a doubt.

Thanks for the replies. I'll still be watching and waiting. I'm a very slow and deliberate shopper. I sincerely do appreciate those that go out of their way and share both their knowledge and expertise and their time in sharing with others information and the use and skills of these different MD's. Thanks.