Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 headphone conection

Joedaddy276

Can you pair without wm08?

Probly a stupid question but I swear I read you can pair straight to the machine!?

Joedaddy276 said:
Probly a stupid question but I swear I read you can pair straight to the machine!?

Not so stupid. Yes, you can pair directly to the machine. As I understand it, the module is an extra, which you can use to make "normal" headphones wireless.

Yes thats how i ran mine yesterday. I didnt see any lag and frankly found the machine to be pretty easy to PP a target with. Pennies can give you a headache some times.... but it seemed spot on. But .... oddly the speaker seems louder to me than the phones did. Nice thing about bluetooth...... you dont loose the WM08 in the water accidentally. Not sure why the WM08 is needed..... or did i miss something?

I also may never used the -08, I would rather have seen a pair of water proof headphones or the adapter cable. However some may have a third party headphones that are not Bluetooth and do not have the ML connector, for them it is a great addition to the package. You just can not please everyone all the time.

Thanks for that info WW........ had a senior moment. I was wondering WHY the WM08 with that small cable to the phones when they had bluetooth? Awwww you buy a connector or the accessory cable upping it to fit your audio plug.......... and thats WHAT WE ARE WAITING ON.

Truthfully I would like a waterproof adapter from the equinox connector to a Garrtte AT(series) audio connector as I have two GG Amphibian headphones.
I can not wait to take the 800 into to chin deep water.

Well now, I just came from Cabela's. Found a NEW addition to the Garrett accessories: an adapter to connect the Garrett connector {(AT(series)} used on their headphones and the GG Amphibians to a 1/4" panel jack. Its part number is 1627800 list price $19.95. Now, when the Minelab is released, I will be able to connect the two adapters together and use my Amphibians with the Equinox, providing the wiring is correct.

Note: the 1/4 and 1/8 designations in the Equinox adapter blue section of the write up are reversed. Now all that is left is to waterproof the 1/4 connection.

WW....... i did at least get mine wet today.... really wet. I took it out neck deep for about 30 min. Of course i couldnt hear anything, but i want to know that it was water tight. I noticed nothing.... BAD. Once it came out of the deeper water the sound came back on and it ran as it should.

Side note...... it swung better than i thought it might. The CTX has a bit of a float..... this coil stayed in place.... right on the bottom where you needed it.

I have been pleased with the detector in the water. I have been a waterwalker 98% of the time since 1992. Between 1982 and 1992 I was dirtdigger 50% of the time. Right now I am about 50-50 with the Equinox and I am about ready to put some of my "obsoleted" detectors up for sale. Each of the ones I have has a special feature that makes it betters than the others in certain conditions. And I think the Equinox will out detect at least 3 of the other ones I own. One of my PIs has only found dust in the past 3 years, it will be one of the first to go. Another Nor'easter is headed our way. Maybe I will get out tomorrow morning for a little more comparison.