Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Headphone Question - Water Use

slider66

Since there are no water proof headphones available for the Equinox yet I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use the phones that come with it in Saltwater if I don't get them wet on a calm day? I am getting mine this Friday and plan on using it this weekend. If you know the answer could you let me know? Thanks and best regards to everyone.

I went in the water last weekend and used Aptx Bluetooth earbuds because I only went as deep as a bit past my knees.(deep enough for me at low tide)
I did not want to risk my expensive Minelab headphones getting wet so got a cheap $10 pair of Aptx earbuds

If you keep the control pod of the detector not submerged it can still send a signal to your bluetooth headphones / other earphones
I am told that once the control pod is submerged the bluetooth will not work.
...so wireless will work but only to a certain depth

good luck and happy huntin ;)

They are NOT waterproof. If used for long periods near or in the water they will deteriorate from the salt water mist/air. I still plan on using mine...... since ML doesnt think waterproof phones or that cable are NECESSARY for water hunting. You will be limited to thigh deep water hunting. It still leaves me scratching my head as to WHY ML dont have the phones on a machine they have known was waterproof all this time....... AND when we do get a pair its the same pair they have been using for years on the Xcal and CTX. Seems like a marketing scheme to me ...... or a real SNAFU.

Doc........ you got me on that one i had to Google it lol. " A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told."

I did get an Email from a ML who knows. He said production was started on the phones and expected to ship next week....... but he said that ment they likely would get to us until the end of March.

doc holiday232 said:
The Lemmings don't care.

Reading the posts here is making me a lemming

There is a cure for that:

GET OUT AND DETECT

My atpx low latency earbuds are waterproof, but I don't dive and try not to get submerged. Wireless doesn't transmit underwater as I understand. So far my underwater headphones from ML (CTX & Excal) have been close to worthless. I replaced the headpiece on the Excal but the CTX wiring didn't hold up. I really hope they do better here. Shouldn't be long before 3rd party ones are flying off the shelf!

dewcon4414 said:
Doc........ you got me on that one i had to Google it lol. " A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told."

I did get an Email from a ML who knows. He said production was started on the phones and expected to ship next week....... but he said that meant they likely would get to us until the end of March.

Hey Dewcon, if they are the same yellow waterproof headphones as the ML CTX and Xcal units...they are close to worthless! I'm waiting for a CTX GG Amphibian adapter cable from a guy overseas....eventually Detector Pro will have the right connector and can produce some units for us.

Bill