Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 & headphones

bcoop

I don’t get on the forum much anymore due to being a full time LEO/supervisor as well as a moderator on a gun.

This has probably been ran into the ground however, I’m gonna ask your advice and opinions.

Ordered an Equinox 800 yesterday and curious as to your preferred headphone usage, methods. I’ll be using the machine on the beach I a couple weeks wet sand & wading, no submerged.

Do you prefer the use the supplied headphone via blue tooth? Or

WM08 module with headphones? Or

Headphones plugged into the machine?

Any suggestions on headphone(s), adapters etc. is welcome. I’m considering using my Sunray Pro Golds if they’ll work.
I use them on my ETrac & CTX3030 but usually leave the Gray Ghosts attached to the 3030.
Thanks in advance

I don’t get on the forum much anymore due to being a full time LEO/supervisor as well as a moderator on a gun.

This has probably been ran into the ground however, I’m gonna ask your advice and opinions.

Ordered an Equinox 800 yesterday and curious as to your preferred headphone usage, methods. I’ll be using the machine on the beach I a couple weeks wet sand & wading, no submerged.

Do you prefer the use the supplied headphone via blue tooth? Or

WM08 module with headphones? Or

Headphones plugged into the machine?

Any suggestions on headphone(s), adapters etc. is welcome. I’m considering using my Sunray Pro Golds if they’ll work.
I use them on my ETrac & CTX3030 but usually leave the Gray Ghosts attached to the 3030.
Thanks in advance
I have not used mine at the beach yet.. only inland hunting.
I also have some Sunray Pro Golds, but they will not work with the patch cord that connects to the detector (An accessory from Minelab).
I use the wireless set that came with the detector and also just use a pair of Garrett MS-2 wired headphones that do work with the patch cord.
I have never used the wireless remote other than to make sure it functions.
What I have read is many folks attach it to the bill of their cap.

Thanks.
I was did some searching and found that the pro-golds have to be the CTX version. I’m pretty sure I’ve used them on my CTX not sure now.

I just use the supplied headset. DON'T get them wet or they are ruined!!!

When I'm at the beach in the sand and very shallow, I use the supplied Minelab headphones via Bluetooth without issues. If I'm going to be in the water mostly and definitely when submerging the entire control pod, I use the LS Pelso waterproof/wired headphones, they work great and were just under $100 shipped from Ebay.

I personally prefer the sounds better with the wm 08 and the pro golds { If they are ctx compatible they will be fine} The Minelab adaptor is all that will be required they are not cheap but you get what you pay for. I have 3 others adaptors that have failed.
HH Jeff

Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately my Pro-Golds are not compatible, I bought those for my ETrac and keep Grey Ghosts attached to my CTX. I did order a stereo to mono adapter to try on the WM-08.
Sold my Excalibur and bought the 800 last week, looking forward to running it in a couple weeks on the beach.

Of course bluetooth does not work when under water....so......wired is the only way to go when hunting in chest deep water.

The very best headphones I have ever used are from Tony Eisenhower. He builds a set of headphones that are far better than the Minelab wired or the Grey Ghosts. They are more comfortable with better sound and are totally waterproof. On land, I use the Minelab wireless headphones but I do often use the Eisenhower wired set. The sound is just better and are very comfortable....and no lag with them being wired.