Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Problem.

namron13

Good morning I was out the other day fresh water lake hunting with my equinox 800 I submerge the unit about six inches and the unit turned off and when I pull it back out the unit turned it self on I did this several times any suggestion ?
I believe any water proof metal should stay on under water, I guess this 800 does not like getting dip in the water.

Thanks in advance.. Happy Hunting

I’d contact Minelab and advise them of the issue

Did it turn off or did the sound just go dead... just an FYI you must use waterproof headphones in water...if you are using the wireless I have been told the pairing will be lost...you can’t maintain wireless connection under water...

Excellent question!

Did it turn off or did the sound just go dead... just an FYI you must use waterproof headphones in water...if you are using the wireless I have been told the pairing will be lost...you can’t maintain wireless connection under water...

Its Not a pairing issue The unit just turns completely off when submerge. and then turns it self back on? it's a (Power Loss). I tried it again yesterday Same problem! on dry land works fine and from what I can see the unit is not drowned.

Regardless the unit should stay on underwater where with head phones or not. No I wasn't using head phones,,

Yeah, not correct behavior, it likely has a fault as long as it’s not operator error of some kind. Since we aren’t there, we’re going to have to assume you know what you’re doing...and it will need to be replaced/repaired.

Its Not a pairing issue The unit just turns completely off when submerge. and then turns it self back on? it's a (Power Loss). I tried it again yesterday Same problem! on dry land works fine and from what I can see the unit is not drowned.

Regardless the unit should stay on underwater where with head phones or not. No I wasn't using head phones,,
Make a video of it with your phone as it happens in case you need to prove your case for a replacement.

good advice thanks Dirt Duke

I wonder if somehow the battery is shorting out due to the water making the connection across the battery terminals..I never understood how the battery could charge from the terminal but does not back feed to the terminal from the battery,must have something to do with the magnet...if it’s feeding back from the battery to the terminal I assume you could read low voltage across it with a meter...just a hunch...

If the coil connect is loose or gets water in it it could do that. was the connector snug.
Reason I’m saying this is whenever you disconnect the coil cable it will shut down.
moisture in that connector could posibaly do that.

Response to Donut I've done many test on my unit, Switching coils, checking continuity, sealed all connections.
If the coil is disconnect or loose connection the unit displays CD (coil disconnect) and then turns off? but does not turn back on.

My unit disconnect and then turns back on by itself when submerged in water on dry land works fine.

I've contacted Minelab and they tell me that they have never heard of this condition and to send it in for repair.

I'm just wondering if anyone with an equinox 800 have experienced this situation before I send it in.

Appreciate all responses

Happy Hunting all .