Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Recovery speed simple test - Very good.

Doctorcoinz

Today i was on one of my favourite coin shooting test sites with the 800. This site has given up hundreds of coins so far over the last 2 months or so Plus a silver ring.
I was running Park 2. Recovery speed set to maximum 8. I got a nice 21 to 22 signal showing a depth of 6 to 8 inch's. I guessed this to be a £1 Coin. The signal i received in recovery speed 8 was short and narrow and easily missed..
I decided to drop recovery speed to 7 as i swept over the target to see how lowering the numbers by just 1 digit would improve the signal. Well the signal improved a lot and got wider and MUCH more noticeable signal. So it seems even small changes in recovery speed numbers can open up sites with deeper coins buried underground. The top 6 inches are getting void of coins now and most of the coins left underground are 6 to 10 inches down now or masked with trash. The coin was recovered and was a £1 coin at 7 inches. Even with maximum recovery speed the nox goes deeper than i expected. Nice.....

Glad you fooled with the settings to discover this. I did this myself along with many other tests....
A slow recovery speed with a slow swing will definitely bring you many more surprises. I know it did for me.

A recovery of 4 or 5 will hit the deep coins in mild to moderate soil....

Doctorcoinz said:
Today i was on one of my favourite coin shooting test sites with the 800. This site has given up hundreds of coins so far over the last 2 months or so Plus a silver ring.
I was running Park 2. Recovery speed set to maximum 8. I got a nice 21 to 22 signal showing a depth of 6 to 8 inch's. I guessed this to be a £1 Coin. The signal i received in recovery speed 8 was short and narrow and easily missed..
I decided to drop recovery speed to 7 as i swept over the target to see how lowering the numbers by just 1 digit would improve the signal. Well the signal improved a lot and got wider and MUCH more noticeable signal. So it seems even small changes in recovery speed numbers can open up sites with deeper coins buried underground. The top 6 inches are getting void of coins now and most of the coins left underground are 6 to 10 inches down now or masked with trash. The coin was recovered and was a £1 coin at 7 inches. Even with maximum recovery speed the nox goes deeper than i expected. Nice.....

I run my recovery speed at 3, according to Tom Dankowski, an engineer who helped with Nox, 3 is the speed at which the machine performs at its optimum.

This is a quote from Tom himself

"On the EQX 800 platform...… you have Target Recovery Response speed choices of 1-8. The EQX 800 platform is at Electronic Quiescence....with a TRR of '3'. It is 'maximum-tuned' at speed '3'. Any deviation above/below '3'..... and you start to get: out-of-electronic-tune. Now...…. with this EQX platform..... you can choose a Recovery Speed of '8'..... and it works/sounds great!...… but.,.,.,.,., in reality...….. you are not achieving any enhanced/greater adjacent target separation characteristics.,.,.,.,.,.,., you are merely 'clipping' the audio length. In some applications..... it may be helpful to the human ear...… as far as human audible intelligibility; yet, enhancement of adjacent target separation is not physically possible. . . . . . . . due to the following physics principle:
The large coil (11" DD) on the EQX will envelop a certain 'fixed' ElectroMagnetic (EM) footprint. This 'fixed' physics footprint cannot be altered/deviated. Laws of physics. Complete!
Now...….. it is up to the electronics..... from the 'feed' it gets from the coil...….. to 'deal' with what it is given. The electronics can not alter the EM field enveloped by the coil. It is... what it is. And: Speed '3'...… is quiescence/resonance.
Now...…………… with THAT stated: Medium (or higher) mineralization …… may work better (with less chatter) with faster speeds..... for a different (secondary) rationale of clock-speed timing attribute(s).
In less than Medium mineralization dirt...…… a setting of '3' is "CENTER"...…… yet, a setting of '2' or '4' is hardly/barely out-of-tune...… and can show tremendous performance attributes. (((As can be seen/witnessed by McCrory'sjewelry2 resultant))). Remember...…. greater depth/performance can be gained with lower TRR settings: in Medium (or lower) mineralization. Better performance can be 'realized'..... with higher TRR settings...in Medium (or higher) mineralization..... due to the ascertainment of stability/less ground-chatter/feedback."

calabash digger said:
A recovery of 4 or 5 will hit the deep coins in mild to moderate soil....
Yep what settings I mainly run
Mark

Although I understand Tom’s explanation of target response speed,I don’t totally agree with his conclusion regarding electronic tune being maximum at speed 3 on the 800. Maybe in lab design. But not in field reality. If he were talking about the 600 platform, I would agree, as the Recovery Speed default for the 600 is 3 in each hunt mode. However, on the 800, the default Recovery Speed value varies from 4, 5, 6 or 7, depending on the detect mode. It was my understanding the algorithms for each hunt mode also restructured protocol variations for recovery speed. I won’t belabor the point. Just don’t assume that setting your Recovery Speed at 3 on the 800 will be providing optimum performance. In addition to challenging mineralization levels, lowering recovery speeds too low may allow “bad” target signals to bleed out over “good”target signals, masking them out. On the other hand, although running a higher recovery speed may separate those targets more definitively, you may suffer loss of detection depth and inaccurate TID with too fast of setting. Like so many other variables in this hobby, don’t get hung up on the numbers. Just learn what effect each change of setting has, and adjust your detector to fit your sites, your soil and your style of hunting.

For the record......I was introduced to the Equinox project in 2016. I used the prototypes on the beaches in South Texas during the winter of 2016 -2017, and in Midwestern dirt throughout much of 2017. When I contracted Sepsis during a routine surgical procedure at UNMC in Omaha in late August 2017, my field testing came to an abrupt stop. When I was finally out of the hospital and received the “final” prototype in late 2017, the ground had frozen and the doctors had not yet released me to travel. As such, I offered to send my prototype back to Minelab. Instead of having me send it to OZ, they asked I send it to Tom, which I did in December 2017. I.appreciate his helping put the finishing touches on it.
HH. Randy

i have the 600 ( regret not getting 800) -- i like the 2 sensitivity vs the 3 or max with 600 -- richer longer tone with 2 vs 3. the signal on 3 sensitivity is very slight and easy to miss