Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 test results

tragac

Screenshot_20210823_191513_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_22462586892925.jpg

What is your opinion about eq800 capabilities from this test, do you have results from similar test

Posting your settings during this test would be helpful.
Also, aside from the 5.5 kg of coins, are the rest of the targets air tests results?

It is not my test, all targets buried in ground. I found it on another forum while searching info for equinox 800 because I was planning to buy one. But after this result really do not know. This test was made from experienced detectorist...

I'm confused why park1 does worse on high conductors as the manual says park1 uses a lower frequency mix than park 2. Thanks for the post.

That is not all that surprising to me as I have found many low conductive targets in park 1 which I use exclusively, but have used field 2 on occasion to deal with EMI.
Odd that this test dues not include field 2 in the test.
Most people seem to prefer park 1 and field 2 over the other modes from what I have seen.

I'm confused why park1 does worse on high conductors as the manual says park1 uses a lower frequency mix than park 2. Thanks for the post.
I would have also thought that Park 1 would give better results than Park 2 on silver. Still, a difference of 2 cm is not that great. There is no mention of ID stability. Perhaps Park 1 would lock on silver better than 2. I'll have to test Park 2 at one point myself.

What really concern me is how is possible that cannot be detected this big target on 50 cm depth.. Probably to many filtering is one of reasons.. What are your options, do you have done similar tests or if possible to do, thank you in advance.

What really concern me is how is possible that cannot be detected this big target on 50 cm depth.. Probably to many filtering is one of reasons.. What are your options, do you have done similar tests or if possible to do, thank you in advance.
Without knowing what his settings are, it’s hard to say.
Iron bias and recovery/reactive speed can effect depth as well as sensitivity, ground balance…even the volume.
A 30cm coin is a pretty big target…
20 cm= about 8 inches.
50cm = about 20 inches.

Yes that is ok, but target is 5.5 kg. And it is unbelievable that can not be detected on 20 inch depth.. Test was made by experienced detectorist and for sure he know how to adjust this md

Yes that is ok, but target is 5.5 kg. And it is unbelievable that can not be detected on 20 inch depth.. Test was made by experienced detectorist and for sure he know how to adjust this md
I can't understand this either. Put 5.5 kgs in perspective. That is 12.13 pounds. At 30 inches a Bounty Hunter machine shoulda hit that signal.

I can't understand this either. Put 5.5 kgs in perspective. That is 12.13 pounds. At 30 inches a Bounty Hunter machine shoulda hit that signal.
I’m not so sure about that.
I hunted with a guy and his Bounty Hunter and could not detect a Morgan dollar 5” deep.