Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800

Ton1000

I only have 30 hours in on the Equinox and 3 years on the CTX. Currently, I am not finding much that the CTX left behind due to lack of experience with the Equinox and lots of experience with the CTX.

Once you get to substantial field experience with the Equinox, does it outperform the CTX 3030 at old park sites with heavy trash and iron?

The first time out with the nox I found 8 silver and other coins I did not find with the ctx 3030.
The ground I hunted has been hunted heavy by me and others. I use park 1 or 2, 5 tones .
Great detector.

I came from the Sovereign and I was (and still am) highly impressed with its abilities.
I didn’t think I was gonna care for the Equinox but nevertheless gave it a chance to see what it could do...
I hit the same places with my equinox (some semi-clean and some areas full of iron ) that I hit with the sovereign and several other detectors. All that I can say is 2020 was my best year ever for silver finds.
Give that equinox 3 years and I believe you will have your answer 🙂
Good luck in the field.

Once you get to substantial field experience with the Equinox, does it outperform the CTX 3030 at old park sites with heavy trash and iron?

Like EPL above, I also had a Sovereign that I made many good finds with, but after seeing how good he was doing with the Equinox going back over areas he had searched with the Sovereign, I was quite intrigued to say the least.
I bought one finally in Oct. of 2019, and from the start, I started making decent finds with it.
One small park that I searched many times with the Sovereign, I went back over with the Equinox one day and found two
Mercs, and 7 wheat pennies that somehow I failed to find with the Sovereign.
What amazed me about this machine is how well the signals sounded...I simply cannot explain how all these finds were missed with other detectors.
EPL (Jim) gave me some tips that I believe helped me quite a bit in making finds not long after I started using the Equinox.
My very first time out with it in a private yard that my buddy and I have pounded for quite some time really astounded me....
In less than 10 minutes I got a very good signal and dug up a 1909 wheat penny with about a 3” nail near it... I just could not believe that coin could still be there with the reading it gave.... it just keeps getting better after that... last year was my best year ever at finding silver coins!!
For me it is a very versatile detector.
As to whether or not you will have the same results.... only time will tell.
Keep us posted, and good luck!!