Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 Compared to Manticore

NASA Tom says in his ground the 800 will hit a dime in his test garden at 14" and the Manticore 14.2". However, the Manitcore audio is stronger and more consistent I d and is also less emi prone. 900 depth wise probably the same as 800? HH jim tn

NASA Tom says in his ground the 800 will hit a dime in his test garden at 14" and the Manticore 14.2". However, the Manitcore audio is stronger and more consistent I d and is also less emi prone. 900 depth wise probably the same as 800? HH jim tn
That sounds like an accurate test to me. His ground must be pretty mild to get that depth though. Here in my local fields i would probably get 7 inches maybe 8 inches on a good day. The ground is the decider of how deep you will go.

His ground must be pretty mild to get that depth though.
It is, it's inert Florida soil/sand.

I have the Nox 600 and did dig a true and buddy verified 10" deep large cent this past spring. Otherwise, 8-9" on dime/cent sized targets is about it and like you, that's on a good day. My dirt is (F 75) 2 bar, so rather mild over all. HH jim tn

That sounds like an accurate test to me. His ground must be pretty mild to get that depth though. Here in my local fields i would probably get 7 inches maybe 8 inches on a good day. The ground is the decider of how deep you will go.
It is, it's inert Florida soil/sand.

I have the Nox 600 and did dig a true and buddy verified 10" deep large cent this past spring. Otherwise, 8-9" on dime/cent sized targets is about it and like you, that's on a good day. My dirt is (F 75) 2 bar, so rather mild over all. HH jim tn

Gents,

This same type of stuff came up on another thread here. I totally agree with you both. I have never dug a dime/penny with my Equinox deeper than 9", and none of my hunting partners have, either. You guys obviously are in the same boat. But, I also don't think that means we can only expect 0.2" more depth, necessarily, with the Manticore, as compared to our Equinoxes. I think it could be a bit more. I made a LONG post explaining why I think so, specifically as it relates to NASA-Tom's thoughts; if anyone is interested in some speculative rambling/educated guessing, it's here! :)
https://www.findmall.com/threads/equinox-900-vs-legend.364526/post-2409168

Steve

Soil conditions and location matter.
I don't get the depths others post because I hunt in New England and there is a lot of trash in the ground.

Gents,

This same type of stuff came up on another thread here. I totally agree with you both. I have never dug a dime/penny with my Equinox deeper than 9", and none of my hunting partners have, either. You guys obviously are in the same boat. But, I also don't think that means we can only expect 0.2" more depth, necessarily, with the Manticore, as compared to our Equinoxes. I think it could be a bit more. I made a LONG post explaining why I think so, specifically as it relates to NASA-Tom's thoughts; if anyone is interested in some speculative rambling/educated guessing, it's here! :)
https://www.findmall.com/threads/equinox-900-vs-legend.364526/post-2409168

Steve
There is a saying in the metal detecting world " A LITTLE EXTRA IS A LOT" The little extra sure is a lot.