Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 hunting scenario

KSDfisher77

Everyone I just recently got a equinox 900 & got about 20 or so hours under my belt soo far. I come from a Whites DFX & V3I.
So far I found the 900 is good at unmasking coins in with nails, with what lil bit I've used the machine.
I've included a pic of a hunting scenario with 2 rusty bottle caps & a silver dime. What would be some recommended settings to change to better unmask the coin.
Pic shown is as close as I could get the bottle caps to the silver dime without loosing it. Of the factory programs field 2 seems to hit the coin the best.
I will say with Mental Metals coin program seemed the hardest hitting & clearest audio on the silver dime. It's basically park 1 with 5 tones & everything notched out except coin TID #'s with a recovery speed of 5 & FE of 4. Any of you professionals have any recommendations on this scenario. Thanks.
20230618_185141.jpg

Everyone I just recently got a equinox 900 & got about 20 or so hours under my belt soo far. I come from a Whites DFX & V3I.
So far I found the 900 is good at unmasking coins in with nails, with what lil bit I've used the machine.
I've included a pic of a hunting scenario with 2 rusty bottle caps & a silver dime. What would be some recommended settings to change to better unmask the coin.
Pic shown is as close as I could get the bottle caps to the silver dime without loosing it. Of the factory programs field 2 seems to hit the coin the best.
I will say with Mental Metals coin program seemed the hardest hitting & clearest audio on the silver dime. It's basically park 1 with 5 tones & everything notched out except coin TID #'s with a recovery speed of 5 & FE of 4. Any of you professionals have any recommendations on this scenario. Thanks.View attachment 42216
The Equinox will unmask silver with iron alot closer that that. Particularly shallow masked silver when using the 6 in. coil. Crank up recovery to 6 or 7, Iron Bias down to 1 or 0. Now swing and move iron in till you lose the high tone. Stop. Turn just the machine, not you 90 degrees and swing. It will do better when swinging down the barrel. You might be surprised. I do this while hunting and it has paid off many times. Cranking up the recovery speed you sacrifice depth but Keep in mind there are plenty of parks that still hold shallow masked silver. Another tip, if you hunt in 5 tone, put it in 2 tone, swing over that dime with your eyes closed. You will hear a smooth round tone. Remember that smooth tone. When you get a high tone in the wild do the same, If you hear a scratchy, elongated or tone breaking up, move on. If you hear that round, well you know what to do. If you hear iron grunt, and the smooth tone with #s in the 40s or 50s I would dig. likely a good target co mingled with iron. Hope some of this helps. Mark

Thanks everyone for chiming in on the Nox 900. I know I just need more swing time with it. I believe the equinox 900 will serve me good, hopefully for the next 3 years without trouble.

I need to spend more time in the wild playing with the recovery speed & FE iron bias, as it seems to me them 2 settings really affect the performance of the machine. Thanks again everyone! & as always I always appreciate the setting advice.