Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 on wet sand or in saltwater vs. others

I’m interested in anyone’s input on the performance of the Equinox 900 on the wet sand/water compared other detectors. So far from reading the forum the leaders are the following:

- AQ Pulse
- Legend
- Excalibur

I have an Excalibur and it beats the Equinox 800 in wet sand with both a small men’s 14 kt gold band or silver dollar at a foot. I’m not sure if the Excalibur will beat the 900.

Thoughts welcome!

Wow,8 months and no reply.....just seen this so I will share my thoughts.I'm primarily a beach detectorist now since i moved back to the coast and I'm always interested in new models that come out claiming to be the next best thing at this type of detecting.I own two detectors for the beach,one is a nearly twenty year old design and one is a twenty five year old design the machines being a Sovereign GT with a depth mod and the other a seahunter mk2 with the 14"coil.I still have these machines as I know that they are still up there at the beach and in reality I find just as much as anyone else with the latest machines so in the last twenty odd years,things haven't really progressed in terms of technology that will make a big difference at the beach.If i were you i would stick with what you have until something comes out that's a real game changer because in reality no machine over the past years has achieved this.

I've never owned those 2 but have read the 900 didn't out perform the 800. That was one guy's opinion (who owned both) and I can't remember if he was referring to dirt and/or water hunting. I believe he said if you had the 8 then the 9 wasn't worth upgrading to except for the waterproof-ness

I owned both the 800 and 900 they are so close I hammed a spot and found over 100 silver coins on a river spot
most with my 800 I went back with the 900 and I did find more after it slowed down with my 800
sold both now I own the Manticore and D2
Mark

No problem depth wise beating the 800 or 900 "in saltwater" using the excalibur in all metal, not sure about in the wet or dry sand or the discrimination mode, which I feel is the weak point of the excal. The AQ eats the excalibur by 5 to 6 inches, on gold. On silver the excalibur does fairly well, not as deep but surprising. The AQ is a PI so beware, it's a great machine not for every spot.

Reactions: tvr