Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 Target Tones

Ted S

What are is your preference and why? I should be able to go out in a few days. Thanks! Ted

The set up I would like isn’t available on the 900. The machine has a choice of 1 tone, 2 tones, 5 tones, all tones, and dp.
My personal preference would be 3 tones but that’s not available so I’m going with 5 tones. I’m still learning the machine but there’s a guy on YouTube that has a program that I’m gonna try.
Custom coin program

What are is your preference and why? I should be able to go out in a few days. Thanks! Ted
Ted I like the 5 tones. And I switch to 2 tone to size a target and to me it helps with falsing, you know those high tones that sound too good to be true. All tones/ 50 tones on the 800 is too much info for my ears. Dp, not sure I like it but haven't ruled out giving it a try. Good luck. Mark

The set up I would like isn’t available on the 900. The machine has a choice of 1 tone, 2 tones, 5 tones, all tones, and dp.
My personal preference would be 3 tones but that’s not available so I’m going with 5 tones. I’m still learning the machine but there’s a guy on YouTube that has a program that I’m gonna try.
Custom coin program
I watched this guy before. Why he doesn't split bin 4 & 5 is a mystery to me. It adds one more region with the high tones in bin 5. He says you can't access bin 5 in tone breaks, which is correct but that doesn't mean you can't split the bins. I have a cherry picking program similar to his in Park 1, bin 1 to 22, vol. 1. 23 thru29 is bin 2 with vol set to 25 but I keep the pitch at 6, I get enough high tones with the iron and larger trash I don't want every beaver tail, pull tab and or foil sounding like a good high conductor. Bin 3 I have 30 to 52. Vol 15 53 starts bin 4 and that is where the Ihps start and I have it up to 79. Vol 20. 80 thru 99 is bin 5 with vol 25. I also have the vibration on in bins 2 & 5. Adds a little more when you hit a good target, the vibration will be as smooth as the tone when you hit a nice round target. And likewise it will feel a little rougher with a scratchy or iffy signal.
I realize its his Youtube channel, his cherry picking program but to me what he's conveying is at very least incomplete information. If there is reason and or benefit for not splitting bins 4 & 5 I hope someone will point it out to me. Just my 2 cents. Mark

So if you can't access bin 5 in tone breaks, how do you split 4 & 5.

So if you can't access bin 5 in tone breaks, how do you split 4 & 5.
Gary good evening. So you do split the bins in tone break. Only when you are in bin 4 and it reads 99/ or 40 on the 800 you hit the minus key and walk the numbers back to the last number you want to be in bin 4. Say 79. Then walk back around through the bins till you get to bin 4. It should read 79. Then by default 80 thru 99 will become your bin 5. Then you can go to volume and then pitch if you care to change it. Give it a try. One more thing, on the 900 I have yet to dig anything but rusty iron if the signal is 98-99 and I've dug several hundred since mid- December. I usually hunt all metal, no disc in my go to mode (Field 2 ) but am strongly considering notching out 98-99. Too much wrap around. Good luck. Mark

Gary good evening. So you do split the bins in tone break. Only when you are in bin 4 and it reads 99/ or 40 on the 800 you hit the minus key and walk the numbers back to the last number you want to be in bin 4. Say 79. Then walk back around through the bins till you get to bin 4. It should read 79. Then by default 80 thru 99 will become your bin 5. Then you can go to volume and then pitch if you care to change it. Give it a try. One more thing, on the 900 I have yet to dig anything but rusty iron if the signal is 98-99 and I've dug several hundred since mid- December. I usually hunt all metal, no disc in my go to mode (Field 2 ) but am strongly considering notching out 98-99. Too much wrap around. Good luck. Mark
Your right on with the iron 98-99 and my go to is field 2
Mark