Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900

pulltabfelix

Just take the CTX3030, make it lighter, stronger shaft, have all the CTX3030 features call it an Equinox 900 and price it at $1,500 and the metal detecting world would go bonkers waiting to get in line to purchase one.

I would get in line for sure.
I am not waiting, that is why I recently sold my Nox 800 and bought a new CTX3030 for $1,400 with full 3 year warranty. Lucked up on a great deal.

Just take the CTX3030, make it lighter, stronger shaft, have all the CTX3030 features call it an Equinox 900 and price it at $1,500 and the metal detecting world would go bonkers waiting to get in line to purchase one.
Pulltabfelix, that sounds great but the Nox doesn’t have a 12 line. Probably could use more depth like the GPX 5000.

CTX3030 is 5lbs.! too heavy for me.
Yes it is too heavy for me, but bought the Minelab swing harness. That solves the problem but it takes time to get the harness and especially the bungie cord hook attached correctly on the CTX3030. I first tried it on the shaft just below the handle and that caused the coil to tilt a little and by using my wrist to counter it, my wrist started hurting. Now I put the velcro attachment above the handle and put my hand to the left of the bungie cord and that is much, much better. Without the swing harness I can only hunt for 20-30 minutes.

Pulltabfelix, that sounds great but the Nox doesn’t have a 12 line. Probably could use more depth like the GPX 5000.
I forgot to add the new 900 would have the same FE-CO display of the CTX3030 and all of the features of the CTX3030 and include adjustable audio for the combined tone audio ID's. That is about the only area the CTX3030 is lacking and of course the weight issue. Still the best detector I have ever owned.

I forgot to add the new 900 would have the same FE-CO display of the CTX3030 and all of the features of the CTX3030 and include adjustable audio for the combined tone audio ID's. That is about the only area the CTX3030 is lacking and of course the weight issue. Still the best detector I have ever owned.
Well now you got me interested…….you want a new CTX4040. That would be very cool indeed!

Well, you guys got me all worked up Just preordered mine, should be here any minute LOL Oh and I got the deluxe with target trace 😜
HH Jeff

Yes it is too heavy for me, but bought the Minelab swing harness.
Minelab's harness has worked well for me. I doubt I could swing the detector very long without it, and I love to use me CTX-3030. Also, even though my Equinox 800 is a light machine, I used it with the harness as well. With either machine you can basically swing all day with ease.

Well now you got me interested…….you want a new CTX4040. That would be very cool indeed!
and light as the XP Deus 2

The NOX 800 and CTX 3030 are the same...at least in terms of their poor waterproofing - I've drowned both machines twice now (have had NOX for all most 3 yrs and CTX for 6) so for me they both suck the same in terms of water egress. But the NOX is a LOT lighter than the CTX for sure. SO, I'd go for better waterproofing with the NOX 900!

Also since on the subject - I'd improve the ears on the larger coils for both machines (or on the NOX 900) since I've broken the ears off the 15" NOX 800 coil and 17" CTX 3030 coil.

I think Minelab needs to back up a little and build a water proof ETRAC 🤔 the ctx is close too the Etrac but needs to be lighter 👍

And maybe waterproof this time?
Mark