Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900

HanoverDigger

Bit the bullet today and got the 900 from Bart@BigBoys. Smooth transaction. Thanks Bart. Should be here by the end of next week. Hope to gain some knowledge from the users on here. Won't put it to use until the fall, but until then, I'll be reading the manual and playing around with it. Good luck hunting.

Bit the bullet today and got the 900 from Bart@BigBoys. Smooth transaction. Thanks Bart. Should be here by the end of next week. Hope to gain some knowledge from the users on here. Won't put it to use until the fall, but until then, I'll be reading the manual and playing around with it. Good luck hunting.
Congrats on the new rig. Bart is a good guy to do business with. A few 900 users here if you have questions. The ground might be dry right now but if you get the itch, throw on the 6in coil and head for the woods. Thats pretty much what I've been doing since we have no beaches around here. Good luck and good hunting with the 900. Mark

Although I do have a 600 and now the 900 also, the 900 is actually quite easy to navigate and if you only did a little tweaking on volumes to suit you, you could do a lot worse then just turn it on and began hunting. Seriously! I seldom have emi issues so am able to run sensitivity where I want. Anyway, have fun and enjoy the 900, its a good one. HH jim tn

Congrats on the new rig. Bart is a good guy to do business with. A few 900 users here if you have questions. The ground might be dry right now but if you get the itch, throw on the 6in coil and head for the woods. Thats pretty much what I've been doing since we have no beaches around here. Good luck and good hunting with the 900. Mark
Thanks. I've had a few dealings with Bart. Ground ain't too bad here, just the weather. I had the 600/800 a few years back but couldn't get used to the compressed VDI 's. I like the new configuration of the 900.

I have a loaner 900 that I have used a few times.
Having owned the 800 for three years, it was an easy switch to the 900, but being used to the scale on the 800, I am still adjusting to the expanded scale.
I have a small patch of woods that I have been finding Civil war bullets at and on the 900, they are reading 53 mostly.
At this point I cannot say the 900 is better than my 800, but it is better balanced and I do notice a difference in the feel between the two.

My 900 is proving to be a pretty darn good "hunted hard site" hunter. No, I'm not recovering astounding numbers of silver coins as the biggest percentage of those have been cherry picked off over prior decades, but enough deep, masked and partially masked and on edge silvers and wheats and the occasional I H cent are showing up to keep this old man smiling. I, too, like its expanded id scale and find I am digging considerable less trash than I did with the 600. Learning what the 900 is actually capable of makes it a fun detector to use. H jim tn

The expanded ID scale is very nice it is a better detector than the 800 from my experience
mark
That's one feature that made me lean towards the 900. I had the 800 and liked it pretty good. I couldn't quite get used to the compressed ID scale though , so I sold it. UPS delivered the 900 today! Got it assembled and everything 's on charge. Can't wait for cooler weather to get here!

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_190806642.jpg
    IMG_20230719_190806642.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 70
My 900 is proving to be a pretty darn good "hunted hard site" hunter. No, I'm not recovering astounding numbers of silver coins as the biggest percentage of those have been cherry picked off over prior decades, but enough deep, masked and partially masked and on edge silvers and wheats and the occasional I H cent are showing up to keep this old man smiling. I, too, like its expanded id scale and find I am digging considerable less trash than I did with the 600. Learning what the 900 is actually capable of makes it a fun detector to use. H jim tn
Well, that is an encouraging report…

Had an 800 and 600 then sold the 800, now I only have a Deus2
I like the improvements in the 700 and 900 and might get one or the other. The 700 seems like enough but the 900 does come with the 6” coil so it’s tempting.

I've been using the 900 for 3 months now. What I've noticed on deep iron, it sounds fluttery and reads in the 90s on the vdi. I've dug many holes trying to figure out that sound.

Can't wait for cooler weather to get here!
Hope you've taken the chance to get out with the 900 to get an idea what it may have to offer. I found it seems to be a bit better in heavy trash separation then was my 600. Can't find, though, any real difference in depth. I will state, however, that 6" coil is pretty deadly. Not a depth demon from what I can tell, but hitting a very hard hit trashy park with it it has gotten me 4 silver dimes and a silver Wash quarter over the past ten days. All in the 5-6" depth range and a couple of the dimes were co-located with small pieces of rusty iron. EMI seldom much of an issue either. Run sen 24-26 regularly. Good luck! HH jim tn

I've been using the 900 for 3 months now. What I've noticed on deep iron, it sounds fluttery and reads in the 90s on the vdi. I've dug many holes trying to figure out that sound.
I haven't taken it out yet and will keep this in mind when digging those type of signals. Deep iron is good where I'm at. Civil War artillery! Thanks.

Hope you've taken the chance to get out with the 900 to get an idea what it may have to offer. I found it seems to be a bit better in heavy trash separation then was my 600. Can't find, though, any real difference in depth. I will state, however, that 6" coil is pretty deadly. Not a depth demon from what I can tell, but hitting a very hard hit trashy park with it it has gotten me 4 silver dimes and a silver Wash quarter over the past ten days. All in the 5-6" depth range and a couple of the dimes were co-located with small pieces of rusty iron. EMI seldom much of an issue either. Run sen 24-26 regularly. Good luck! HH jim

Hope you've taken the chance to get out with the 900 to get an idea what it may have to offer. I found it seems to be a bit better in heavy trash separation then was my 600. Can't find, though, any real difference in depth. I will state, however, that 6" coil is pretty deadly. Not a depth demon from what I can tell, but hitting a very hard hit trashy park with it it has gotten me 4 silver dimes and a silver Wash quarter over the past ten days. All in the 5-6" depth range and a couple of the dimes were co-located with small pieces of rusty iron. EMI seldom much of an issue either. Run sen 24-26 regularly. Good luck! HH jim tn
Nice finds! I haven't been out detecting yet, but soon! I have an excellent spot to use the 6" coil in. The 6" seems to have pretty good depth from what I've seen on YouTube videos. I hope it does have good iron separation with both coils. We'll see. It would prove it's worth in this spot and EMI shouldn't be an issue. Good luck hunting.

Jim, what mode do you run and recovery speed?

Most of the time park 1 and r s 4. I try to get a good g b and run with tracking off. HH jim tn
That’s what I run as well. With the 6” coil, I keep my recovery at 3. With these settings, I can easily hit my 8” planted dime. Good luck and be safe out there.

Can someone verify for me that when collapsed down, the coil can be rotated on the lower stem in order to lie flat ?
( coil parallel to the handle axis ) or is coil rotation prevented, as it is on the Xterra pro? Thanks to any who cares to respond.