Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox accesory cable working

dirt lizard

I am getting the sound coming out of the speaker instead of the head phones when it's plugged in. I'm using Killer B's. Trying to get these to work in place of those cheap head phones it came with.

it is a complete disaster. I am having issues with my black widows and sun ray phones as well. Both phones will not work plugged in directly. I thought in doing tests it would work with the WM08. Now I am convinced I have audio issues with that as well. I was on the phone with minilab tech support today.
they told me to try a mono to stereo plug in line. I said that is great and asked if they could direct me where to find one where I am in Mexico. Minelab did ZREO testing on this AND why the hell did they not include a .75 cent plug in the detector or cable package. I am rather pissed as I will not be able to use my machine while here in Mex.
Dave

The Killer Bees may not be wired to use with the Equinox.
They must be wired correctly to turn OFF the speaker.
See for the correct wiring diagram:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2453053,2453176#msg-2453176

The stereo to mono adapter do the same as the correct wiring.

This is the same problem we had with the CTX 3030 and had to make a cable or adapter to use our headphone we had on this detector. When I got my 800 I seen this same problem and used my cable adapter I made for the 3030 for them to work. This has been mention many times with those wanting to use their own wired headphone on the 3030 and 800. I believe Gray ghost makes a headphone that will work on the 3030 and the Equinox plus other detectors. Just got to upgrade to new headphones or do like many have and made a adapter cord wired as WaterWalker has said.

exactly where did this accessory cable come from? I havent seen ML sell one yet.

Rick(ND) said:
This is the same problem we had with the CTX 3030 and had to make a cable or adapter to use our headphone we had on this detector. When I got my 800 I seen this same problem and used my cable adapter I made for the 3030 for them to work. This has been mention many times with those wanting to use their own wired headphone on the 3030 and 800. I believe Gray ghost makes a headphone that will work on the 3030 and the Equinox plus other detectors. Just got to upgrade to new headphones or do like many have and made a adapter cord wired as WaterWalker has said.

It is ridiculous this cable set-up does not have everything needed. Also not one piece of instruction with it. There is no excuse, there is no free pass here.

Dave

and the accessory SNAFU continues. Has anyone tied to buy a coil cover.......:rofl:

dewcon4414 said:
and the accessory SNAFU continues. Has anyone tied to buy a coil cover.......:rofl:
Not yet mine last a loooong time never personally wore one out I did buy a used HF coil for my Deus and the cover looks like it was dragged across a rock pile!
I'm very careful with my gear and covers on mine look great!

I used to go thru a coil cover on the Xcal about every 5 months until i started using marine epoxy on them. Im surprised ML used a mono jack knowing many of the phones are stereo. Ive seen some guys post pictures of small jack connectors........ but i can see why you'd be ticked if you just paid good money for a connector you expected to work.

The Minelab adapter works as sold, with some 3rd party headphones. The problem is the adapter is not universally compatible with all headphone sets. Headphone sets can be stereo or mono, high or low impedance, at least 5 different drivers (each with their pros and cons), physical size of the "speakers" and power required to effectively drive them, frequency range, and then the use of proprietary connectors. Therein lies our problem. Even the Gray Ghost has several headsets that are detector specific because of the possible combinations of the different type of headphones that can be manufactured. No one size fits all. By the way, the Equinox is not the only detector I have that has non-universal headphone sets, the ATPro, and the Infinium suffer from the same problem - no one standard on manufacturing detectors. Now look at the Equinox coil, I think it will be a long time before 3rd party coils will be available due to the electronic board within the coil housing, I'm sure, is proprietary as is the audio connector and battery pack.

Might as well stick with the wireless headphones. This can become a big headache from what I'm reading here.

dirt lizard said:
Might as well stick with the wireless headphones. This can become a big headache from what I'm reading here.

For my ocean environment the Minelab headphones are junk. In fact, I personally would not hunt with those phones no matter what. Really an extra boat anchor in the box.

WW.....i believe you are right. Not many companies seem to want to compete and make a coil..... YET. BUT..... i dont think weve seen a machine as popular as this one either. IF it can establish its self over the next year then i think some might. Most beach hunters would like one or two........ so would the gold guys. I personally think it hurt CTX sales not having more interest from companies willing to do a verity of coils. ML killed the in line Sunray probes by making it to pricy. We like our toys........ and there is money to be made on accessories for this machine if ML wakes up.

I don't understand why the third party manufacturers don't start getting into this game and start making accessories since Minelab can't seem to do it. Now they would be the rich ones. On top of getting our stuff we need right as well

I hooked my cable up today for the first time. Tried my Jolly Roger headphones I've used for years with my Etrac. No Go. Flipped the control switch to and fro and it made no difference, just a little electronic noise in the headphones and audio signal was still routing via the external speaker on my 800. I swapped my Jolly Roger headphones for my Jimmy Sierra Maxi Phone III's. These work perfect and have separate volume controls.

With the factory supplied 'velcro' style ties, I strapped the 1/4" connector end to the top side of the right side 'flange' of the detector stand. There are a couple slots on both flanges for future counterbalance weights. This allows my 90* angled headphone connector w/cable to hang naturally under the armrest without strain. FYI, I'm lefty, so some of you may rather use the left flange which would allow your headphone cable to hang closer to your right side.

I hunted for a little over an hour today and had no hang ups, knots or snags. My Maxi-phones do a better job of keeping out ambient noise than the wireless headphones. I'm going to use them for a while and see how I like the set up and if I notice a crisper response over targets vs the wireless set up. I still have NOT used my WM08 module so it will be my next experiment.

Rich (Utah)

Mine work with the Grayghost that are made to be used with the Nautilus detectors. But it won't work with my Killer Bs. I would rather use the Killer Bs but they don't make the ones to use with the Nautilus anymore. It had both stereo and mono.

I am running my Sun Ray Pro Golds plugged in to the WM08 module and love them. I did buy a aftermarket 1/8" right angle M12 plug off eBay and put it on the Sun Rays. I now screw in the connector to the module and hook it to my belt and I am set to go. No worries about the headphones coming unplugged.