Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox and Legend Silver

utmike

These finds are actually from 2 Sundays ago. My wife bought a Legend and is enjoying it so far. The pic of her SLQ doesn't do it justice. I managed a silver of my own with the Nox 800.

Found at a 1901 homesite.

Attachments

• 20220403_205730.jpg
    20220403_205730.jpg
    825.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220403_205148.jpg
    20220403_205148.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 100
Congratulations to you both!! The SLQ is in pristine condition with a nice sharp date! Very rare to find one in this condition.

She’s a definite keeper!! Oh, and the quarter too!!😉

These finds are actually from 2 Sundays ago. My wife bought a Legend and is enjoying it so far. The pic of her SLQ doesn't do it justice. I managed a silver of my own with the Nox 800.

Found at a 1901 homesite.
Howdy UTMike--
Excellent finds! It's cause for celebration to dig a pre-1925 SLQ with a clear date. From 1916-1924 the dates were on a pedestal and received the brunt of the wear. In 1925 and onward the date was resessed. Is that a 1914-D Lincoln Cent near your Indian Head Cent? If so, it is at least a $100 coin even in that dug condition. Either way great finds! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy back at ya Blind Squirrel-

You're exactly right about the early SLQ's. We've dug a few 26&27's with full dates but the rest have been obliterated.

My pics are a little blurry on the mint marks, her SLQ is an "S" and unfortunately so is my 14 wheat even though that is still desirable as far as Wheaties go.

Howdy back at ya Blind Squirrel-

You're exactly right about the early SLQ's. We've dug a few 26&27's with full dates but the rest have been obliterated.

My pics are a little blurry on the mint marks, her SLQ is an "S" and unfortunately so is my 14 wheat even though that is still desirable as far as Wheaties go.
I've always loved the beauty and significance of LSQ design: the Type 1's without the chainmail :) and during WW1, the olive branch indicating that we wanted peace BUT the shield saying that we are ready for war and let's not forget the soring eagle on the reverse signifying freedom ! Great coin. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Last edited:
I've always loved the beauty and significance of LSQ design: the Type 1's without the chainmail :) and during WW1, the olive branch indicating that we wanted peace BUT the shield saying that we are ready for war and let's not forget the soring eagle on the reverse signifying freedom ! Great coin. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Completely agree💯 The allegorical meanings embedded in our old coinage needs to be shared more. Our country's times of conflict, peace, and prosperity were well captured in our currency. Besides being junk metal, our coins are really lacking nowadays.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Nice finds that SLQ is a beautiful coin congratulations
Mark