Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox availability?

BarryL

Any Dealers have any Idea when Minelab will fullfil all backorders to you for your list of prepaid buyers . Looking to trade in a detector towards an 800 but not looking to sendin trade until I know the 800 is availble to be shipped at time of trade and cash needed

I bought a 600 yesterday and it was shipped this morning. They had 30 units and are completely sold out. This is insane.

I wouldn't hold my breath about trading in a detector on an Equinox unless it is almost brand new and in demand. I tried to trade a detector a cpl of years ago and the trade in value was wasn't worth the effort so I sold it online in a forum

Certain places have them for sale but you have to pay more not sure how these guys are stock piling them!
On certain website..
It’s crazy!

I would like to have one myself; however, I will wait, and see how the bugs get fixed, (no choice but to wait, lol). In the interim, other manufacturers will undoubtedly (that's right, undoubtedly) come out with competition.

Equinox is sweeping the market! I knew they would! Technology!

There is two great things to consider!

1.) Metal detectors have now reached a plateau. Technology will remain the dominant factor! It's here! It is just like country music! It is here to stay! lol

2.) The Equinox 800 has demanded a ceiling price on metal detectors based on the technology. Computers initially were quite expensive; however, thru competition they are all basically the same price.
Who would pay more than approximately ($900.00) nine hundred dollars for a metal detector when it can not possibly do anymore than the Equinox 800 can for the money?

Why? Competition! Technology! Again, technology is like country music it is here to stay!

And, it won't stop here! Technology is moving!

Yep I understand on all comments already own a 600 but was thinking I would like the 800 as well maybe I will just hang on to the Deus and compliment it with the 600 for a while . Really like the 600 so for no bad marks except for one I notice when I am hunting with it my hand seems to work its way up the Handle right against the bottom of the control box. don't realize it until my hand starts to hurt around the thumb but I have an Idea on stopping this issue . Thanks for the replies

I adjusted my shaft and arm cuff and found a sweet spot that suits me fine. I can swing for 2 hours with no issues..

BR549 said:
Don't like the handle.The handle on the quest and golden mask detectors are both way more comfortable.

I agree 100% about the GM series handles (and balance)...they are close to perfection. Never held a quest, so don't know about those.

BTW, love the username...wonder how many here catch the reference to old Junior? (or is it re the cw band?)
:)
mike

BarryL said:
Yep I understand on all comments already own a 600 but was thinking I would like the 800 as well maybe I will just hang on to the Deus and compliment it with the 600 for a while . Really like the 600 so for no bad marks except for one I notice when I am hunting with it my hand seems to work its way up the Handle right against the bottom of the control box. don't realize it until my hand starts to hurt around the thumb but I have an Idea on stopping this issue . Thanks for the replies
I have the 800 and a Deus its a great combo!

Minelab is close to finishing the rest of the initial dealer orders, then they go on to order #2, etc. Demand has actually increased, I don't think there will be any shelf stock in quantity for months. It's going to be a long year :-(

Wayne

I have both the 600 and 800 and kept in email contact with dealers and the second a dealer had one that wasn't spoken for I bought it. It took me 3 days for the 800 and one day for the 600.

if I were anyone I would buy the 800. The wireless headphones and the module are worth almost $400 retail so in reality you get the 800 for $500

NormS said:
I have both the 600 and 800 and kept in email contact with dealers and the second a dealer had one that wasn't spoken for I bought it. It took me 3 days for the 800 and one day for the 600.

if I were anyone I would buy the 800. The wireless headphones and the module are worth almost $400 retail so in reality you get the 800 for $500

I'm wondering if it's a good idea to pick up a 600 as a backup water machine.

I bought the 600 as a spare and for someone to use if they visit me. I still have the Etrac but mothballed it and I am giving it to my grandson. As far as park hunting it is every bit as good as the 800. I haven't tried it in field or beach yet but have no reason to believe it is in anyway inferior. I also use the wireless headphones with it but the corded headphones work just fine and actually seem to have better sound.