Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox battery / cell

WaterWalker

First off the battery / cell is replaceable. And one will be able to replace it themselves. However the warranty probably will be voided, and the waterproof level may be compromised and special tools may be needed. But it is replaceable. Shortly, I'll bet, someone will have a video on YouTube on how to change it out. Maybe Mr.FixIt will have a kit to do the same.

I don't hear any yelling about cellphones, tablets. GPS, and the list goes on for devices that have a battery or cell that are almost impossible for the average user to replace. So what is the deal with a detector? Technology is responsible for great advance in electronics and power sources. Lithium-Ion cells are not the old AA / 9V / C or D cells that we have in our older detectors. Just think the AA have gone form carbon-zinc to alkaline to NiCd to NiMH now onto Lithium and there are a few different types of Lithium cells each improving on it predecessor in one way or another.

How many of you know that there is a Lithium button cell inside the CTX3030 that is not rechargeable...have you ever had to change it? Bet you don't even know where it is or that it even has one. It is not mentioned in the owner's manual, at least I could not find it mentioned. My Samsung laser printer died. I called for support and was told "go buy a new printer". I tore the unit apart, with great difficulty, found one of those lithium button cells, I had one in my spares bin and within an hour my printer was up and running again and has been for the past 8 months.

So lets stop the crap about the Equinox's battery and get onto real likes and dislike - after using one for at least 10 hours of use. Postings of hints, settings etc. to help others with your insights that will ease the learning curve of others - That is what we should be thinking of, not the battery / cell. Lets see some the the great finds and a story that goes with them.

Just finished this and I see: The "New" Equinox Classroom Forum!N/T

https://www.findmall.com/list.php?108

Thanks,

Guvner..

I feel that the battery is nothing to worry about and bet many will be resold before they ever have a battery problem. The reason is most will have tried the Equinox and within a couple of years or less decided to buy the next new detector out there.
I have one coming plus have a muiti Kruzer coming and it to uses the same battery that is not customer replaceable, so both company's should know what they are doing and have tested them before doing something like this, the same with the Deus and their battery . Never read any big problem yet and how long they been out. Wont surprise me if we see more going this way, but I am sure some will as there is flaws in anything and should show up within the warranty period and be replaced by the company. I am sure there was a lot of test done before this was decided.

Rick