Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Battery Pic

Dan(NM)

A guy I know sent me a couple of pics of the battery out of an Equinox 800. It took a total 3-4 minutes to remove, plugs into a pigtail inside the handle. So much for all the rumors and fear mongering about the battery being non-replaceable. What company in it's right mind would design a product that cannot be repaired :rage:

Well that did not take long for the photo to show up. Looks like 5 screws, two O-Rings and WOOOLA.
I put the photos in my archive, trusting I will not need them for 4-7 years.

Thanks for the post!

Now....why didnt ML just say this? Why do we have to figure something so simple out and discuss its for weeks. Which by theway gets people mad causing more disruption to the flow of good info. A little shared information goes a long way. This is the one thing that has alway my grip about ML. Love the machines.... but their willingness to communicate or make changes bites. We know they follow these threads.... but I guess its like someone said publicity is publicity. ... good or bad. But it makes me hate to come to these sites.

dewcon4414 said:
Now....why didnt ML just say this? Why do we have to figure something so simple out and discuss its for weeks. Which by theway gets people mad causing more disruption to the flow of good info. A little shared information goes a long way. This is the one thing that has alway my grip about ML. Love the machines.... but their willingness to communicate or make changes bites. We know they follow these threads.... but I guess its like someone said publicity is publicity. ... good or bad. But it makes me hate to come to these sites.

I think a little bit of facts go a long ways. I think Minelab owes me a new EQ800 :super:

Yeah I don't see anything TOP SECRET there Minelab could of told us and sell the replacement seals too.
The double seals would of been nice on the CTX battery that is for sure.

Surprised at the low voltage....

Dan(NM) said:
A guy I know sent me a couple of pics of the battery out of an Equinox 800. It took a total 3-4 minutes to remove, plugs into a pigtail inside the handle. So much for all the rumors and fear mongering about the battery being non-replaceable. What company in it's right mind would design a product that cannot be repaired :rage:
Design a product that cant be repaired ? Already done. Most consumer electronics and appliances .........
HH
Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
Design a product that cant be repaired ? Already done. Most consumer electronics and appliances .........
HH
Tom
LFOD !

Touche'

I guess I should have clarified my statement, detector manufacturers.

This thread brings to mind the Fishers 555D-Pro that I bought new around 1980. The rechargeable battery pack was standard and guaranteed one full year. HH Randy

[attachment 355064 555DPro.jpg]

Wow, a Chinese made battery and not a very big or high quality one. I mean as long as it works for people its not a problem but I am expecting quite a lot will fail because it is Chinese made.

Mine is on the way so I can look then but it sure looks replaceable by the user but that will void warranty so until then we have to use the cheap Chinese battery's minelab use, what I wanted to know is there a small circuit board on the battery? guess there would be I am sure where the 3 leads connect anyway does the warranty cover 3 years on the battery?

just wondering as my CTX minmax's only lasted 12 months and the warranty was 12 months so :rage:

thanks for the help and posts on here should prove to be a different detector where it fits in to my line up will be in the testing and that's all the fun right :biggrin:

IQ-2018 said:
Mine is on the way so I can look then but it sure looks replaceable by the user but that will void warranty so until then we have to use the cheap Chinese battery's minelab use, what I wanted to know is there a small circuit board on the battery? guess there would be I am sure where the 3 leads connect anyway does the warranty cover 3 years on the battery?

just wondering as my CTX minmax's only lasted 12 months and the warranty was 12 months so :rage:

thanks for the help and posts on here should prove to be a different detector where it fits in to my line up will be in the testing and that's all the fun right :biggrin:

Personally I'm not a fan of the equinox, but I am still keeping a open mind incase they change it or something new comes out that makes it better. It just isn't exciting to me. Mostly cause minelab makes a VLF machine then calls it something fancy even though its just a VLF machine. Heres my advice fancy words don't change that its still same old tech we have had for years.

Honestly, for me the machine is probably decent, but I have other machines that do better, if I'm on land I'm going to use my v3i if I'm on a beach I'm going to use my Excal which hands down is superior to the equinox on beaches but hey as I said everyone is entitled to using what they want, I'm just voicing my opinion.

That's the other thing with this size battery 26650 the big Japanese company's don't make them Panasonic Sony etc.. so most if not all come out of China but there are good ones and mid ones and low ones minmax I would class as low/mid, better ones would be IMR, Soshine,, Trustfire , and one or 2 others just from my experience and the others are a sliding scale down hill..

by best I mean shelf life the Japanese 18650's can last 10-15 years of the same chemistry, the best Chinese ones can get 5-10 years and slide down hill as quality drops off..

anyway what they going to charge us for a $2 battery and 2 mins work?? time will tell I guess :unsure:

hey if we get a good battery it might last the 3 years if not 2 should do the 3 years then after that it doesn't matter put a best one in !

have fun out there !!

Zinc Penny said:

Personally I'm not a fan of the equinox, but I am still keeping a open mind incase they change it or something new comes out that makes it better. It just isn't exciting to me. Mostly cause minelab makes a VLF machine then calls it something fancy even though its just a VLF machine. Heres my advice fancy words don't change that its still same old tech we have had for years.

Honestly, for me the machine is probably decent, but I have other machines that do better, if I'm on land I'm going to use my v3i if I'm on a beach I'm going to use my Excal which hands down is superior to the equinox on beaches but hey as I said everyone is entitled to using what they want, I'm just voicing my opinion.

there are something's I don't like before I even get it , number one the headphone socket and might require some thought to get the best out of it strength wise and audio wise and the cheap battery, other than that it seems pretty good ascetically, but haven't held mine yet.. so will reserve more thoughts till then.

the thing that got me in is light weight and salt functionality if it can do well in heavy iron in the dirt then that's a big plus for me anyway I am getting sick of heavy metal detectors after using light weight machines its hard to go swing the top end heavy machines people know what they are I don't have to name them and I own them but quite happy to show them the door if this thing can get 85% + performance of the heavy ones.

all this is subjective as mine is not in hand so how it works for me remains to be seen so its a hail Mary of sorts to liberate me from the big bangers fingers crossed hey :clapping:

IQ-2018 said:

there are something's I don't like before I even get it , number one the headphone socket and might require some thought to get the best out of it strength wise and audio wise and the cheap battery, other than that it seems pretty good ascetically, but haven't held mine yet.. so will reserve more thoughts till then.

the thing that got me in is light weight and salt functionality if it can do well in heavy iron in the dirt then that's a big plus for me anyway I am getting sick of heavy metal detectors after using light weight machines its hard to go swing the top end heavy machines people know what they are I don't have to name them and I own them but quite happy to show them the door if this thing can get 85% + performance of the heavy ones.

all this is subjective as mine is not in hand so how it works for me remains to be seen so its a hail Mary of sorts to liberate me from the big bangers fingers crossed hey :clapping:

I mean if that means guys start selling off CTX's cheap then its a win win for me lol