Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Battery Pic

Mkus said:
Wow, a Chinese made battery and not a very big or high quality one. I mean as long as it works for people its not a problem but I am expecting quite a lot will fail because it is Chinese made.
They have to cut costs somewhere.

First . Codan took over Minelab so it became a shareholder company .
Second . It started letting go of the people that built Minelab's reputation .
Third . As it was a shareholder company they had to pay dividends to those shareholders .
Forth . Codan only catered for their core market letting the relic side take a knock through competition .
Fifth . Because so many old and wise staff were lost , Minelab lost its edge and the Deus was crowned King in 2010 .
Sixth . In 2012 Minelab tried a Coup with an overweight show off that wasn't really better than the earlier concoction which was a success .
Seventh . Since 2012 maybe before Garrett pushed newer and quite decent mid range machines into the market .
Eight . Since 2010 or so , more Gold machines .
Ninth . During the last few years , they have sent production to Malaysia . Cost cutting ? Or not enough for shareholder bonuses or bosses ?
Tenth . Someone somewhere dug out plans for a machine that was thought about many years ago , dont know when ?
Eleventh . 2017 Someone jumped out of a Plane with a machine on his back .
Twelvth . 2018 The Equinox slowly peaked its head out hoping to take a shot at the Deus and Garretts .

But is the Equinox up to it ? I think so . But it isn't a game changer in the market place , more of a game saver for Minelab . The Equinox has its issues , wobbly shafts , wifi / emi disturbance in some places , dodgy headphones and a low endurance battery .
I dont know whether the Equinox will be as successful as the Deus or some Garretts or even past Minelabs and who knows whether it will make the classic charts in the distant future .

I have 2 . In some places its good and in 1 place on one beach its not good .

To me the Equinox is a War production rush job hoping to do a good job on the cheap in some ways . It seems to be good but a few refinements might be needed here and there .
Machines like the Explorer / E.Trac were produced in Peacetime when the opposition was not as Warlike as it is now.

Moral of the story , If you take your eye off the ball , dont be surprised if you get your eye poked out by it .

Hopefully Minelab wont let that happen again with a top end machine.