Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox break down size?

NorCalGold

Does anyone know the break down size of the Equinox? I have a CTX that I break down into a recurve bow backpack (Legend Archery Artemis) to take on my dual sport out to old camps/settlements etc. I'm really interested in the ease of take-down, and the size of the Equinox for my style of detecting. The 800 having some prospecting capabilities is icing on the cake for me.:clap:

Yeah, it looks like the shaft is in 3 sections so it should break down pretty well

That's one advantage of the coil wire being on the outside of the shaft........no storage space needed inside like the CTX.

Looks to me like a couple screws and the head unit is separate.
Should allow aftermarket shafts and packing very small.
Also should the unit need to be sent in for repair, sending just the head unit and coil would be a smaller package.

horikindaguy said:
Looks to me like a couple screws and the head unit is separate.
Should allow aftermarket shafts and packing very small.
Also should the unit need to be sent in for repair, sending just the head unit and coil would be a smaller package.
Heres one with a carbon fibre three peice GPX stem

Hello said:

thanks, just what I thought.....do you happen to know the cost/availability of that 3 piece fiberglass shaft?

are those your units?

I like the carbon fiber 3 piece take down, it should fit into a much shorter pack than the CTX. Thanks for the photo.

NorCalGold said:
I like the carbon fiber 3 piece take down, it should fit into a much shorter pack than the CTX. Thanks for the photo.

Anything can fit into a smaller pack than the CTX . Even a Nimitz Carrier.!

horikindaguy said:
Hello said:

thanks, just what I thought.....do you happen to know the cost/availability of that 3 piece fiberglass shaft?

are those your units?
not mine i never get anything free:cry:

Ill likely make a CF shaft for strength for in the water use and keep the shaft for travel. You just get a lot of wobble out there if you dont have much of the lower shaft inside the upper...... and this doubles the issue. Our big problems going to be those cables....... how many water guys have headphone cables at the handle not at the end of the shaft? That coil cable is going to vibrate something fierce out there.

Dew