Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox charger ----

joe clark

can any other charger be used on the equinox , except the one that connects to the USB port on your computer --- a friend wants to buy a equinox , but does not have a computer ?????????????

You don't need a computer to charge an equinox. I use a multi USB panel that simply plugs into a wall outlet.

Minelab says to use a high quality 2 amp 5 volt charger, I'm using my wall wart USB phone charger for the detector which is 2 amps at 5 volts. Also using my digital camera wall wart USB charger rated 1 amp at 5 volts for the headphones. Computer USB port is only .5 amp (USB 1 and 2) and .9 amp for USB 3.

chargers.jpg

I plug mine in my port in my car sometimes to charge no problem

My flat screen TV has a USB and will charge my wireless headphones and probably the detector, but I use my 3.0 USB on my computer to charge the Equinox