Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox coil cover

Joedaddy276

Are y'all keeping it on or not? I don't prefer it on but when I took it off it doesn't look as solid as my at pro coil!?

yeah, leave it on
Its better to wear out a skid plate than a coil.

Honestly....... id love to NOT have it on too. My coil is a lot like the first slim lines for the Xcal..... the epoxy is under filled. On those coils we had some separation... im hoping thes dont. Seems to be a large air gap where dirt and sand for dirt and sand to pile up. I go thru a LOT of skid plates on the beach scrubbing my coil. Im guessing these coils will be the same price as the CTX.... so think about it.

The coil is the first I have seen with a "snap-on" ridge for the coil cover to pop over. I am thinking that I will never loose one in the water. :super:
Without a coil cover I am sure the ridge will be worn away in a very short time of detecting.

Thanks for y'alls opinions I think I'll just leave it on.i didn't want to but yeah there's gaps and it just doesn't seem that solid without it.

WW....I believe my CTX has those groves? Well I was out today in red flag surf..... the coil moved well, stayed down and didnt flaot around.

Dew,
Yep, all the CTX coils have that same ridge...I just assumed it was a 'Minelab thing'.

(I can't remember for sure from ET days. Shoot, I can't remember what I ate yesterday.)