Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Coil Mod

midalake

TROLL
As some know, I broke a coil ear. So I have modified a coil to more durable specifications. Like all my coils this one is able to be used without a coil cover, which is important for water/beach hunting. Actually completed 2 of them.
I have done three different steps: 1. I removed the middle cross brace [the coil is over braced!] 2. Epoxied on a coil support piece, followed by epoxying a side plate on each side made out of a piece of plastic wheel barrel. 3. Adding shoe good to the underside open portions of the coil and epoxying the actual coil spots.
Coil weight before project. 16.15 oz, Coil weight after project 16.16 Weight loss of middle brace and coil cover: 2.82oz.
Never having black sand , water weight or EARS THAT WILL BREAK, priceless!
Here is a, did you know. Did you know the coil bolt can hold about a tablespoon of sand/dirt. Tip: Get rid of it and go to a nylon bolt!

image.png
coil 2.jpg
coil 3.jpg