Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox coil questions

Charles (Upstate NY)

What size coil comes standard? It looks similar in size to Se Pro/eTrac/CTX coil. The coil is different, I spy 2 extra stiffening ribs center and the other 4 repositioned. Also noticed they flattened the front/rear of the coil. Anyone know how many pins the coil cable connector has??

Minelab says launching with 6 inch, 11 inch, and 15x12. At least 3 frequencies in multi-frequency but they are not releasing details on that yet. I can anticipate swapping it onto an S shaft for ergonomics and so the cable isn't sticking up in the air so far between the handle and shaft. I'm wondering if there are any electronics in the coil hence my question on the number of pins on the coil cable connector.

Do the coil ears look strong on these? a potential weak point on the standard x-terra coils, especially if it was cold and you accidentally leant on your detector

It comes with the 11 inch as standard and the others are extra .

The 600 version has 3 freqs and multi and the 800 has 5 freqs and the multi . I would think that the fact that the 600 has 3 and multi will mean that it will operate all 3 in multi and that means the higher model 800 will use all 5 it has in multi freq. Logical i think.

Nuke em said:

The 600 version has 3 freqs and multi and the 800 has 5 freqs and the multi . I would think that the fact that the 600 has 3 and multi will mean that it will operate all 3 in multi and that means the higher model 800 will use all 5 it has in multi freq. Logical i think.

I had read on one of the forums that the detector does not use the complete range of frequencies in multi-mode. You pick the type of hunting mode you want to run the machine and then it detector picks the best kHz to run in multi. For example the 40 kHz mode will be on for beach mode but not on relic mode. Of course none of the info can be confirmed until the machine is out,

I still believe all freqs will be used , especially in beach mode. But if it works on the salt wet well then i will be happy .

If it works in salt water and wet salt sand I'll probably sell the CTX.

CCadrin said:
Nuke em said:

I had read on one of the forums that the detector does not use the complete range of frequencies in multi-mode. You pick the type of hunting mode you want to run the machine and then it detector picks the best kHz to run in multi. For example the 40 kHz mode will be on for beach mode but not on relic mode. Of course none of the info can be confirmed until the machine is out,

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab wont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

Jason in Enid said:
CCadrin said:
Nuke em said:

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab wont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

I did not say i read it on a forum. I have been told by someone that it is as above. 3 freqs on the 600 and 5 on the 800 with the 40 also used for prospecting. 1 or more programs may be preset as single freq but i bet as i have seen on the videos you can choose which freq or freqs you can use . Like the Deus but with the ability to use all and i reckon the beach mode will have that as standard .
I wont bother saying anything if i think its not true and aren't forums about sharing thoughts and info ?

Nuke em said:
Jason in Enid said:
CCadrin said:
Nuke em said:

I did not say i read it on a forum. I have been told by someone that it is as above. 3 freqs on the 600 and 5 on the 800 with the 40 also used for prospecting. 1 or more programs may be preset as single freq but i bet as i have seen on the videos you can choose which freq or freqs you can use . Like the Deus but with the ability to use all and i reckon the beach mode will have that as standard .
I wont bother saying anything if i think its not true and aren't forums about sharing thoughts and info ?

sorry nuke, that wasnt a response to you. I was responding to CCadrin's post, because he was quoting you in his post, it pulled you quote in along with his quote.

Jason in Enid said:
Nuke em said:
Jason in Enid said:
CCadrin said:
Nuke em said:

sorry nuke, that wasnt a response to you. I was responding to CCadrin's post, because he was quoting you in his post, it pulled you quote in along with his quote.

:thumbup:

The point I was trying to make on the number of frequencies is that it may not be all of the frequencies that the machine has an individual choice. It may be a subset. As people stated we never really knew what BBS and FBS is really doing. Just as long as it works we are all happy. The videos that I saw so far is impressive.

Jason in Enid said:
CCadrin said:
Nuke em said:

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab w thatont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Hello Jason.

I think Minelab have already stated that the Equinox is a VLF detector?

Which suggests to me, that it is not related to, or uses FBs methodologies.

Don't people realise that the Equinox is produced to counter the DEUS's universal popularity?

It was the addition of 40 KHz to the DEUS, that was an intrusion into their niche market of nugget hunters.

So a law suit and a counter-strike is their market reclaim response.

I think they should have called it EXOCET , not equinox !

How about EQUIKNOCKS ?......matt

p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression of the forum picture.

metalpopper said:
Hello Jason.

I think Minelab have already stated that the Equinox is a VLF detector?

Which suggests to me, that it is not related to, or uses FBs methodologies.

Don't people realise that the Equinox is produced to counter the DEUS's universal popularity?

It was the addition of 40 KHz to the DEUS, that was an intrusion into their niche market of nugget hunters.

So a law suit and a counter-strike is their market reclaim response.

I think they should have called it EXOCET , not equinox !

How about EQUIKNOCKS ?......matt

p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression of the forum picture.

Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.

p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression from the advert on forum's header......matt

[size=large]Quote...Jason[/size]:-
[size=large]Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.,,,,,,jason[/size]

*******************************************************​

Hi Jason !

From your informative reply, I can only assume that you have followed your own excellent advice and are now an expert....no?

So please indulge me and all the other folk who are asking sensible questions on the Equinox's functionality; especially what you know about the search-coils in the pipe-line for its eventual release. (Don't simply regurgitate the hype etc. I'm keen to know your expert interpretation of the types of coils on offer.)...matt

metalpopper said:
p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression from the advert on forum's header......matt

[size=large]Quote...Jason[/size]:-
[size=large]Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.,,,,,,jason[/size]

*******************************************************​

Hi Jason !

From your informative reply, I can only assume that you have followed your own excellent advice and are now an expert....no?

So please indulge me and all the other folk who are asking sensible questions on the Equinox's functionality; especially what you know about the search-coils in the pipe-line for its eventual release. (Don't simply regurgitate the hype etc. I'm keen to know your expert interpretation of the types of coils on offer.)...matt

you seem mad that I suggest actually researching before asking? Then you ask me to again give you the answer you didnt look up? These topics have only been discussed on this forum since the day it was revealed. :rolleyes: