Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX ,CTX AND GPX 4500 TESTED ON GOLD

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

We run the detectors thru the garden and test them on gold jewerly...... its a long video so get your popcorn but very informative...[video]https://youtu.be/QzySVXHYvgU[/video]

Nox hands down, pi machine is deep but has no discrim really.... The nox smoked the CTX on alerting targets. To be fair don't know if it beats CTX on ID though have not paid much attention to VDI yet.

It looked to me like the Eq wasn't hitting on the targets except in the 'gold' modes. I have done the almost exact same 'garden' tests with small gold 'pickers', nuggets and chains. Mine will NOT pick them up except in the 'gold' modes. With sense at 25, and several different recovery speeds, iron bias settings, etc., it almost every time would not hit on the small stuff and never at over 4-5" deep in damp beach sand at Galveston (not a very mineralized sand). I have read that beach hunters cannot run the 'gold' at a beach in the water as it is too noisy.

I am not sure it was designed to hunt a beach in Gold, rather it was designed to 'hunt' beaches in the 'beach' program and 'prospect' in the 'gold' mode in shallow water for nuggets and flakes at shallow depths. Mine will hint on a very small thin gold ring at 4" deep in sand though. Now that doesnt mean that someone can figure out some combination of the two or design a superb program of their own. With a few months of use around the world I do believe it will be proven that the Eq may be the absolute best all around' detector at any price on the market today.

This is not a 'rag on the Eq' just my opinion as to it capabilities. I heard someone on the video say they have a program to hunt relics, and would love to know the settings for that. Would also love to see some settings for all modes, any particular 'tweaks' etc., for each. I use it almost always on really trashy 'ghettoized' demolitions with bottle caps, screw tops, pull tabs, rusty iron nails, pieces of copper and lead everywhere, and with the big coil it is a real test! Setting different tone bins and volumes helps, but to me, it seems the machine is overwhelmed with the nails. As I said, I am still experimenting with Iron bias, recovery and sweep speeds in order to get past the iron.

. Ive got to get real world time in on it. I think the relic program you heard was about the GPX. Iron bias and recovery speed are the keys to this machine for RELICS imo .. I'm coming at it from a relic stand point and will be setting up the 5 tones to mimic my deus pitch program... The machine did best in park 2 on gold besides the gold program. I will be building my user profile from park 2 for relics. I will keep updated on settings as I progress with it. We found it to out do the CTX in park 2... but time will tell

Tks, that is the kind of info all of us need, straight from the Calabash's mouthy! lol Folks that actually tune it and use it for specific purposes can actually give feedback that is far superior and it benefits all of us. Thanks a gain! Please keep us updated, especially your preferred settings for iron bias, recovery and sweep speed info. regarding target depth and VDI stability.