Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox detectors (?)

Monkeys Uncle

Minelab user here (Etrac and Vanquish) but I am curious about the Equinox product. Asking this site...what (in your personal opinion) makes the Equinox a "better than most" detector.
My biggest curiosity centers around detector weight and complexity. Other considerations = ID accuracy, recovery speed and typical target depth. Last...which unit, in your opinion is the better of the mix.
Thanks in advance!

Minelab user here (Etrac and Vanquish) but I am curious about the Equinox product. Asking this site...what (in your personal opinion) makes the Equinox a "better than most" detector.
My biggest curiosity centers around detector weight and complexity. Other considerations = ID accuracy, recovery speed and typical target depth. Last...which unit, in your opinion is the better of the mix.
Thanks in advance!
I just recently got a Minelab equinox 900, I really havent got enough hours behind the wheel to rate it. I mainly got it because of its weight & wanted some newer technology. I think it weighs 2.6 lbs. The VDI/TID #'s have been spot on for coins, I've dug coins at 8" so far. Recovery speed goes to 9 on the 900, I've been running it at 4 with good results. I also think it is pretty easy to use. I think the ETRAC is probably more complicated, but I've never owned a etrac. I read the ETRAC IS THE DEEP SILVER KING thou.

Couple of corrections on the specs for the 900:
Recovery Speed - 1 to 8
Weight- 1.27 kg (2.8 lbs)

Advantages are lighter weight, better ergonomics, easy to navigate menu system, large target screen, longer battery life, faster recovery speed and the ability for selectable frequencies with just the touch of the button without having to go through a menu system.

The equinox menu system is the easiest to navigate compared to the legend and any of the xp deus units.

You can tune it to where it is very fast in iron areas or slower for deeper targets.

It handles iron areas very good and the smaller coil for it is deeper than similar sized coils for other units.

I have the eq900 and have had 2 eq600. Yes you see people complaining about the number varying a bit but it doesn't vary much. I like the 2nd generation of equinox units better than the 1st generation. The broader spectrum of the id scale just makes better sense to me than the condensed scale did. Most common coins are at the upper end. Nickle comes in at 28.

Good luck

I was a long time Minelab user , wore out an etrac and CTX . The first 800 broke and I sold the second shortly after I used it enough to see it was really nothing special when compared to the etrac ,CTX or Deus 1 in spite of Minelab's "obsolete" propaganda. If you are going to "buy the brand" , resist the 600/800 if they are available and go for the 700/900 , I think Minelab really did some needed quality control on those models. If value is a factor the only logical choice is the Legend.